Hydroponic produce

Looking into an indoor vege patch. Have started up a variety of herbs, once they establish, I'll pot them up and start on the vege's. Capsicum, cucumber, tomatoes, carrots, leeks, onions and strawberries. There's a couple of others, as well as some flowers, that I'm also gonna have a crack at. Does any body else use their hydro set up for plants other than cannabis? I just did some research into Co2, and produce. They have found that increased levels of Co2 can reduce the nutritional value of food crops, and also increase the level of cyanide compounds, a natural defense against herbivores, in some plants. Wondering what the increase in levels is doing to Cannabis?

Hiya burner :peace:

No I don't however I have been thinking about it alot-using extra available light on offer to at the very least establish seedlings.  I'm about to order a couple of jasmine cuts from a little place I found online and would like to start playing around with propogating some other plants from around the yard.  I think it would have to be the go considering the weather we've had this year lol  Nice to have indoor options cannabis or otherwise I suppose.  Interesting thread topic.

Peace to you. v :sun:

I wanted to see how viable packet seed is, so I bought a shitload of everything, from herbs to garden flowers. Missus hates the fact that I'm getting right into hydro/ indoor gardening, but as long as I keep a couple of the sacred herb going, for her sleeping disorder and my medical requirements, I am free to grow what I please, so long as I keep the place looking like a home, not a greenhouse. Confined to one room at the moment, hence the tent set up, but If I'm real nice, maybe I'll get to use part of the garage aswell:-) If not, I got a back up plan that may just be a solution. ( I'll piss the tent off and use the whole room:-) shhhhhh!

Starting up some herbs at the moment, indoors, they do best under a 12hr light cycle, its all about positioning. As a rule, woodier herbs are placed closer to the light source, other herbs tend to burn if too close, and are best placed in dappled light, under the canopy of our favourite herb should suffice, if not too shaded.

Do any vegetables/fruits grow well, and in the same light cycles as the green?

I've always thought if ever I try a small project again, I wouldn't mind seeing how some indoor things grow. 

I assume herbs would go under vegging cycle?

depends on the herb. P.Vridis will continue to veg under 12/12 and will flower with longer than 12 hrs of darkness

Seed viability on pkt seed is around 1 in 5, the parsleys were the most successful, with 3 out of five striking, but the basils, sage, dill, chilli and strawberry seeds only popped the one. Still no chives, might put some more in when I transplant and start up the vege seeds.

All are still in the small tent, under the 55w flouros, until I finish redecorating the grow room. The plan, to turn a bedroom, into a vege patch! ( The missus is gonna kill me:-))post-50453-0-94680300-1367885161_thumb.jpgpost-50453-0-12128400-1367885190_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Hey all:-) Been doing some research on hydroponic produce, herbs in particular, and came across an ideal way for the home grower to make a few extra bucks, legitimately:-) Ayurvedic medicine, Google it. You will find an expansive list of common herbs that are used in this medicine, and with an interest apparently building in this country, most likely courtesy of the diversity of our population, a potential market for the hydroponic hobbyist to explore. A little note, most of our herbs are currently imported, some food for thought?