• Register Now!
Grass Outdoors Shade Purple Orange Blueberry Watermelon Apple Banana Strawberry Chocolate
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community. - Login to remove this message
Glandore Hydroponic Nutrients, Lights and Equipment
Barneys Farm Cannabis Seeds

Photo

Caterpillars, I think? And, How to get rid of them ?!

* - - - - 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Bonquisha Fullcone

Bonquisha Fullcone

Vegetating

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 Posts:
  • Interests:Multidisciplinary Musician and Artist
  • Cannabis Use:Recreational
  • Fav. Heads:100% Organic
  • Fav. Lighting: Sun

Been feeding the girls a diet of Alfalfa Tea (literally just water that has had alfalfa seeds soaking in it for a few weeks) and a little bit of Seasol to fix up what looked like a bit of a N deficiency, but recently just saw that the leaves seemed a bit strange, on closer inspection I think its catepillars/larvae ?

Anyone recommend a good way to get rid of them? And, what to use ?!! I dont want to leave the girls soaked in chemical pesticide or something, especially this close to being done flowering :(

Few different photos of the two plants that seem to have it the worst. And just the other day I squashed a small Caterpillar off one of my smallest/recent plants, and thought "That's odd, where did that come from" ? Now I guess that Seals the Deal so to speak !

Any and all help or suggestions, much appreciated :)

Attached File  image_1-small.jpeg   348.69K   33 downloads

Attached File  image_2-small.jpeg   190.41K   30 downloads

Attached File  image_3-small.jpeg   583.11K   25 downloads

Attached File  image_4-small.jpeg   185.24K   24 downloads

Attached File  image_5-small.jpeg   191.37K   20 downloads

Attached File  image_6-small.jpeg   169.39K   15 downloads

Attached File  image-small.jpeg   121.15K   15 downloads

Attached File  photo-small.JPG   139.69K   13 downloads

Edited by Bonquisha Fullcone, 09 April 2013 - 12:36 AM.

Say thanks with some bits:  bc1q2u6zm8fvmf9n6zv0kdtq0gsvhjfhdcysfss94j  (BTC Only)

Naycha

Naycha

Mung Bean Farmer

• 420 Crew
  • 6242 Posts:
  • Interests:Quality
  • Cannabis Use:Medicinal
  • Fav. Heads:"Hydroponic"

Hard to tell but looks like white fly. At that stage of flowering I wouldn't spray with any kind of insecticide.

Naycha :peace:

Bonquisha Fullcone

Bonquisha Fullcone

Vegetating

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 Posts:

Someone mentioned this :

http://www.yates.com...r-killer-dipel/

Looks organic/should do the trick from what the description says ?

The Hash Nibbler

The Hash Nibbler

Wherever I lay my Hash, that's my home.

• Members
  • 6556 Posts:
  • Interests:Pooping Dark Matter Hash Nuggets, Eating Endangered Animals.
  • Cannabis Use:Medicinal
  • Fav. Type:Hashish
  • Fav. Lighting: When switch is "ON"

Dipel is specially made to kill catapillars, its great. It works by disolving the catapillars intenstinal tract as it munches on the plant. Doesn't work so great on Fungas Gnats though... lol

Its made from Bacillus thuringiensis..... or something like that.... hehe......

Comes as a powder, mix with water, leave for a few hours then foliar spray and drench at recommended rates

Peace. Nibbler

And so, life returned to normal, or at least as normal as it gets in this primitive dirtball inhabited by psychotic apes. Thanks to the effects of the Hash waves, the people of Earth have not memory of what had transpired, except Nibbler, and no one believed him or cared what he had to say. I, meanwhile, returned to my post, ever vigilant, lest Earth again come under Hash attack. And when that day comes, God help us. God help us all.

Cloning for Coco Growers

https://cannabis.com...le/#entry301424

Coco Growers Guide
https://cannabis.com...nd-get-growing/

Tent Set up and Equipment List

https://cannabis.com...-yaself-a-tent/

Dutch Tulip Joint Tutorial

https://cannabis.com...h-catcher-leaf/

Decarboxylated Bubble Hash Brownies

https://cannabis.com...il/#entry391759

Growing outdoors and Understanding Light Hours

https://cannabis.com...rs/#entry322068

CO2 Extraction Hash with Dry Ice

https://cannabis.com...ag/#entry304265

Bonquisha Fullcone

Bonquisha Fullcone

Vegetating

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 Posts:
Sounds good! Poor Caterpillars haha! Hopefully this solves the problem, Always something heh!

BullArabBuds

BullArabBuds

Just Sprouting

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Rec. & Medicinal
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads), Hashish, Oil Concentrates
  • Fav. Lighting: 600hps and sun

Dipel is specially made to kill catapillars, its great. It works by disolving the catapillars intenstinal tract as it munches on the plant. Doesn't work so great on Fungas Gnats though... lol

Its made from Bacillus thuringiensis..... or something like that.... hehe......

Comes as a powder, mix with water, leave for a few hours then foliar spray and drench at recommended rates

Peace. Nibbler

Yep dipel's cool for grubs totally agree. Found it works on the initial dose against gnats but they seem to soon build up a resistence. I'm having a try with "NOMOZ"-mosquito larvicidepellets. Active constituent-40g\kg (s)-METHOPRENE) It's used in Africa and such countries in their water supplies and totally non toxic. Did a heap of research before buying and am happy that it's safe. If i croak i'll know they were tricking me lol. Seems to be working well. No signs of gnats bar the occasional one that may fly around after a water.

I like popcorn. It keeps my fingers out of the cookie jar   :afro: (i totally ripped this quote off)

brick

brick

live the dream

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3939 Posts:
  • Interests:PAKALOLO
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads), Hashish
  • Fav. Heads:Bio-Organic
  • Fav. Lighting: 1x250 MH for veg 1 x 400 watt HPS flower. Mainly the sun.

If it were caterpillers you would see evidence of them munching on the leaves and black balls of shit everywhere. I am with Nay, reckon they are flying bugs.

When you arise in the morning, give thanks for the morning light, for your life and strength.
Give thanks for your food and the joy of living.
If you see no reason for giving thanks,
The fault lies in yourself.

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
~ Thomas Jefferson (1743 - 1826)

[/size]

"Anyway i never count on anything until it's in my hand and i've got a good grip of it." d

'A true friend is someone who knows you're
a good egg even if you're a little cracked.'

Man has a poor understanding of life. He mistakes knowledge for wisdom. He tries to unveil the holy secrets of our Father, the Great Spirit.

He attempts to impose his laws and ways on Mother Earth.
Even though he, himself, is a part of nature, he chooses to disregard, and ignore it, for the sake of his own immediate gain.
But the laws of nature are far stronger than those of mankind…

Chief White Cloud. The Circle of life.

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help."' - Former U.S. President,

Bonquisha Fullcone

Bonquisha Fullcone

Vegetating

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 Posts:
Yeah had a closer look today & it looks like a pretty nasty infestation of White Fly (reslly gross on the undersides of the leaves) Looks like this will be a total pain in the ass! Will get some Dipel & any other organic pest spray & try get rid of them. Arrrgh!!!

Where do they come from?

BullArabBuds

BullArabBuds

Just Sprouting

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 Posts:
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads), Hashish, Oil Concentrates
  • Fav. Lighting: 600hps and sun

Yeah had a closer look today & it looks like a pretty nasty infestation of White Fly (reslly gross on the undersides of the leaves) Looks like this will be a total pain in the ass! Will get some Dipel & any other organic pest spray & try get rid of them. Arrrgh!!!

Where do they come from?

Used to struggle with moths big time when i was living up north many years ago. The local area was surrounded by crops which in turn brought the moths/grubs. Ya gonna have a hard time getting rid of them by hand. Yal think yav got em' all then yall wake up and find an explosion of moth eggs then back to sq1. Good ol' white oil will knock the critters but use common sence if ya gonna use it. Don't spray too much-just a light app or it'll burn and i wouldn't suggest using it any later than 2wks into flower. It's also my preferred method of controlling mites.

Bonquisha Fullcone

Bonquisha Fullcone

Vegetating

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 Posts:
I'm fairly deep into flowering, depending on how bad it is might just have to write off the two smallest heaviest affected clones. Apparently the "dish soap + spray bottle" might help too but I'll see how it goes.

Definitely learning something new every day!
And here I was thinking "fuck yeah! Nailed it this time!" Hahah

Barneys Farm Cannabis Seeds
Glandore Hydroponic Nutrients, Lights and Equipment
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community.