Is MJ A Gateway Drug?

what illegal drugs have you been hooked on??  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Plus if you grow a plant next to your front gate then its a gateway drug B)

:kingnerd :P :lame: that was so bad that it was hilarious tho.....

birth is the gateway to drugs....

whether you fucking stick shit in your arm is based on your own stupidity from birth, not the drugs you may have taken before that point...

Stupid lowly scummy people having stupid dreg-scum children is the gateway to intravenous drug use. the same people who often kill themselves young, but sadly didnt and go on to spread aids around the place...

Mj is more than just a gateway drug which leads to other drugs.. it can lead to a life without education.. with laziness, corruption.

you should get a job writing anti marijuana pamphlets...

Sure dope makes you lazy, but who needs sumthing to do when you got weed anyway??? Same goes with education, as long as you know how to smoke a bong thats enuf aint it?? better than going to school and learning how to bleat in unison with the rest of the flock, so you can spend rest of your life slaving for rich faggots... but corruption?? I think ya wrong there, dope makes a friendly docile coward, maybe you should smoke a bit more...

I love what free choice has to say about cigarettes. I gave up 15 years or so ago, and although I can't stand tobbacco in a mix of grass, I still have a strange craving for cigarettes from time to time.

If I tried to smoke grass with tobbacco in it, I'd get sick, throbbing heqadaches, sweats, all bad stuf. But if I'm under stress, I often have this odd craving for a cigarrette, even though as I siad, if I did give in, I would be sick. So the addiction of that stuf is pretty wild.

And although after many, many years of arguing stronglythat grass isn't addictive, or cause adverse social effects, I don't feel so confidently that way anymore. I've seen too much just lately to stick with that. Mainly youngsters, but none the less, I've come across people lately that just shouldn't be smoking grass.

but I don't agree so much so as to hold with what Nath said. I smoked hard allmy life, and I didn't lay around collecting dust the way you say. I can enjoy laying back and listening to music, or just watching the TV, but not all day every day. At the height of my use some years ago, Ilived remotely and had to get a lot of work done every day, or els emy wif ena dkids and I just didn't eat, or bath, ormany other things. We didn't have all the mod cons that everyone here would have. I had to pump water daily, I grew all our own veggies, sluaghtered our own meat, and did general daily hard work day in and day out. All while using more grass than the average bear.

I think people that sit around collecting dust while they smoke grass all day have deeper problems than giving up smok will cure. they've got no drive for some reason, and I think that those same people not smoking, will more than likely still sit around doing nothing.

As for it being agateway drug i just can't believe that. Like everyone here, I know just too many people that have used for far too long, withnot so much as ever laying eyes on heroin, sepeed, ecy or whatever. Maybe that's changing abit now, but in my father's day, and all my father's freinds, and even myself and my freinds...smoked in intense circles of heavy users for long periods, and no one ever used anything else.

But now days I'm terribly addicted to opiates. I started to use pain killers for an inoperable painful condition Ihave, and have used opiates in every way posible. Inthe course of going this path, I've had alot to do with opiate addicts, and hardly any smoke grass, want to smoke grass, and many ever deride smokers. Some have hardly ever touched it.

The whole gateway theory was a perveted instance of "justice" many eyars ago anyway. I can't hink wh it was, Tom might remeber. I think it was harry Anslinger that stood in court during alcohol prohibition, and wjile under oath, when asked about marijauna users, and heroin users, if there was any relation between the two; swore that there was none. he said that each group of users tended to live in sub-cultures that supported their drug of choice, and very little interaction exsisted. In facthe said that htere seems to be animosity to some extent between the groups, and this we can see is true when we read statements on threads such as these ones.

A year later, and alcohol prohibition was repealed. Anslinger now under oath swore that Marijauna was a scourge on society that required the whole hearted approcah by himself and other enforcement agencies in stopping, because he believed it led to more dangerous drugs, such as heroin. A completely opposite stance to what he said a year earlier.

Clearly, with the bottom falling out of his job with booze becoming legal again, he needed a new demon, and grass was it. Of course, the famous campaign began at that time to convinvc the public of the horrors of mj addictioon, and it's just stuck.

So you can trace the gateway theiry way back to a purjured testimony by a cop that was more interested in his job that truth.

cheers

rob

IMHO there is no such thing as a gateway drug - more a 'gateway to drugs state of mind' if you are that way inclined (I was & still am!!!). Also the peer group you fall in with around 14 - 17 years of age can greatly affect the way you view & experiment with drugs.

Legalise everything...it's up to the individual what they do & nobody has the right to tell me what substances I may or may not take! It is the nature of mankind to alter his state of consciousness. From prehistoric times man has been using different plants for shamanistic rituals or recreational pursuits. You cannot legislate against a trait of humanity.

Education & toleration throughout all nations not legislation & discrimination causing iration...

Edited by geezer

Clearly, with the bottom falling out of his job with booze becoming legal again, he needed a new demon, and grass was it. Of course, the famous campaign began at that time to convinvc the public of the horrors of mj addictioon, and it's just stuck.
Well look at it from his point of view, he was one of the most powerful people in the US and with the end of prohibition he lost all that power. He was assisted in his cause by the fact that hemp was holding back the nylon industry, cannabis was getting in the way of the pharmaceutical companies and guess which companies were also donating campaign funds to sympathetic US politicians. Why do politicians all other the world support all this "Reefer Madness" bullshit?, well maybe they like getting campaign funds too. :boo

B)

B) Hi All! It's been awhile since I've had a chance to "check in". Anyone that might remember; I'm a member of "OREGON GREENFREE" in the USA (Oregon). Our "measure 33" initiative to increase patient posession limits and lower the costs of registration will be voted on Tuesday and there has been alot of discussion and educating the masses RE: "gateway drugs", etc. Given the human body's abilities to "process" cannabis through it's own receptors, we must assume MJ is "MEANT TO BE". Given that it will grow damn near anywhere and provide SOOO MUCH to the human race in the way of medicine, oil, nutrition and fibre also should be a consideration. In my view, MJ is NOT a "GATEWAY DRUG" but an herbal medicine. Alcohol and tobacco are the REAL gateway drugs that get you ready for a lifetime of self-abuse. At $150 per registration, our Oregon program had a surplus this year of over $1 mil. that will hopefully be spread out over indigent health programs and help feed the hungry. If our new law passes, we will have "DISPENSARIES" set up to distribute low-cost/high quality MJ to patients with a percentage going to low-income folks for free. Our website/membership: www.oregongreenfree.com has grown to almost 700 in our first year and I'm assuming over 1/2 of us are growing currently. Wish us luck next week! MR. BILL!

post-3126-1099158510_thumb.jpg