Is MJ A Gateway Drug?

what illegal drugs have you been hooked on??  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

the OTHER category would have to include Tobacco ...

I quit Nicotine 25 years ago ... best thing I ever did .. was give that up ...Yaaaaay !...

stupidest thing I ever did ... was try it & start up a habit ..

after that I took up active sports ( squash & aerobics ) & cleaned out my lungs .. got real healthy ... even took up hang gliding.

but I was hoodwinked by peer group pressure & advertising .. ( they never told us back then that it will ruin your life ...) but they've got it stamped on the packs in big letters now ... DON'T THEY !

SMOKING IS ADDICTIVE >>> SMOKING CAUSES LUNG CANCER >> SMOKING WILL HARM YOUR BABY >>> ETC ETC....all true.

but will the government outlaw it .?. NO .. they rake in fuckin enormous taxes from it .. & too many people are addicted ... there would be a revolution with heads getting lopped off...if they even tried it.

NICOTINE is an insidious addictive neuro toxin ...just 2 drops will kill you.. & those bastards who have got many millions hooked know it & are dispensing evil , health destroying & life debilitating products ...

FUCKING EVIL BASTARDS WILL LIE TO YOU about it's effects , TILL THE ENDS OF THE EARTH ....... for MONEY

NICOTINE IS THE KILLER ....

Oh yeah .. I tried mushrooms once .. it was totally sick & freaky .. not going there again ... ALCOHOL .... not at all good for the body's vital organs folks ...

NEVER NEVER EVER tried heavy drugs ... just not willing to put my life at risk for some cheap thrills ... I've seen the devastation & damage it does.

& I'm not some STUPID GULLIBLE MISGUIDED FUCKWIT .. with nothing better to do ...LIFE IS PRECIOUS ...have you forgotten this ?

this is my one & only life .. & I'm trying to honour it .. make the most of it ...

enjoy it & love it the best I can ...rejoice in the gift...

the gateway is all in your mind

HAVE SOME HEALTHY SELF LOVE & RESPECT peoples ..

peace.

Edited by free choice

I started smoking cigs when i was 12, my parents were smokers so i just started nicking them. It took till i was 29 to give them up even though i hated the way smokers smelled and the way it made me feel, sore throats, coughing up tar, gasping for breath as i tried to get a nicotine fix. It's a horrible addiction.

Thankfully i have never had the same problems with my greens. When i was sick or was poor i wouldn't smoke and i never missed it, i even held onto a bag for about a year because i couldn't be bothered finding a good reason to smoke.

I havn't had a smoke since the Big Day Out 2004 (March) and before that the last house warming i went to when i smoked the afore mentioned bag i had been holding on to for a special occasion for about a year.

I still consider myself a smoker, i support the community and excercise my political voice. I would smoke at the drop of a hat but i just havn't made an opportunity to do it. I'll get around to it one day.

Mj is more than just a gateway drug which leads to other drugs.. it can lead to a life without education.. with laziness, corruption. After smoking cigarettes at a young age, alcohol and marijuana soon follow. After a few parties.. adolescents may use other drugs such as ectasy, amphetamines.. even other pills such as dexiamphetamines or ritalin will lead to using these harder drugs. These may lead to harder drugs such as opium, etc.

At the end of the day.. the path to take is up to the individual. I have experimented with all the drugs mentioned above.. and I must say that they are all horrible and great at the same time. I couldnt count the amount of times Ive sat at home on weeknights and had amphetamines and played sony playstation doing nothing. But that was many years ago.. and I 'wish I had of listened to old people'.. well now Im old'er' I am greatful I got to have such a fun and experienced childhood. Everyday was a party... I never had much money, but always enough to have fun and enjoy my life. Drugs just complimented the experience.

Now I just use MJ medicinally.. I dont smoke socially whatsoever, no one knows :D

Is Mj a gateway drug?

I dont think an answer for such a broad question can be given.

The question does however point out the fact that Mj is a "soft" drug, a wacky social medium between a six pack of V.B and a shot of H. To say it is a stepping stone between the two is stupid, the reasons people turn to hard drugs such as Heroin are strong enough to drive them to such substances with or without Mary Janes hand. People smoke choof their entire life without even contimplating "going harder", others do start out smoking pot and go on to worse things but only because Mj doesnt give them what they desire.

Yea but then some people get bored of being stoned, or they smoke so much like myself that you dont get stoned as such.

I started off with weed and once it got boring progressed to acid, speed, etc because weed wasnt giving me what I wanted.

Now to say its a gateway drug is kinda right and kinda not right. Its not the MJ that made me turn to other drugs it was ME wanting something different.

I found the high from the weed just made me tired and sleepy.

but things like acid meant I could drink gallons of piss without getting trashed and enjoy my night more.

Just like the speed it kept me awake when I was out clubbing or partying.

Peer pressure is THE biggest thing, if your mates are all trying ACID etc then it makes you feel that its safe and want to try it out.

moral of the story is YEs it can be a gateway drug, it doesnt mean that it IS for everyone.

Plus if you grow a plant next to your front gate then its a gateway drug B) (sorry lame im tired).

see yas