Any body using leds?

Sorry mate , that info is about 20 years old. There are more to good LED's than Red or Blue. And if you want more blue/red combo, use a dual spectrum HPS globe.

No need to have MH and HPS these days. HPS globes also take about 60 minutes to reach full illumination, and if ya ever watched one fore up, they fire up more red, and as they warm up go blue.

If your so set on blowin a fat wad of cash on a new LED panel, why dont you run a Gavita Plasma beside a 600w HPS........ Thats new school tech, LED's are just draggin on, like Mash Re-runs..... lol

Peace. Nibbler.

The intention, was to use red to supplement flower. Got a whole combination of lighting going through the noggin at the moment. Thinking of setting up the 400w with son t lamps, and running the 130w ultra blue cfl in conjunction, with the red leds operating at the start and completion of the on cycle. For instance, at the start of the cycle, the red leds and 130w cfl come on for about 45 mins, the led switches off 15 mins later, once the 400w has illuminated. Run the 400 w and the cfl together, with two hours to go, on come the leds, off goes the cfl, an hour later, the 400 turns off, followed by the leds an hour after, and night cycle begins. I posted this info, as I have noticed a massive difference in a strain that I recently grew. The Afghani that were grown under artificial light, while showing potential of a purple pheno, only showed colour on a few leaves and calyxes, the same plant, grown outdoors, is an all over purps.

Changes in photoperiods is what we use to initiate flowering indoors, but are the plants receiving the right amount of colour spectrum, at varying parts of the day, to imitate the suns natural spectral output? 20 year old info or not, I don't know anyone growing who has fully considered the effect of spectrums on their plants.

Hi Burner you may be onto something I did 2 grows with a Led red,blue,white mainly red, then I used it side by side with a 400w hps on the same plant I had laid down like a scrog it had multiple heads. I noticed the side under the Led supplimented by the hps had twice as many bud sites. I ended up getting 300g dried heads. Much better than the same strain under Led only. This grow i am growing under 600w hps but once the buds start forming I am putting the red Led in and rotating the hps and led to see what I get. Before the nay sayers start hurling abuse my way I am not trying to prove anything, the sun still shines out of hps's arse. I am doing it for the hell of it and the fact that i have the Led anyway. its a private love of mine. I just think what you said about different spectrums ect may have some merrit. Looking foreward to your diary good luck. tangwena.

• Upvote 1

lol

, not gonna hurl abuse at ya Tangwena.... just ya comparison wasn't very well planned out, so ya basis for saying anything conclusive is null and void on ya last LED grow.

Just what you THINK happened. Of course supplimental lighting works, but is it worth it? I have done supplimentals in 2 different spectrums , both reds and blues, not much difference to a straight HPS with a decent globe. Only difference is I used CFL's.

Scrog is made to increase the number of bud sites. Its the whole point of scrog.

You should post a link to that diary for Burner...... so he can see for himself. Peace. Nibbler.

Edited by The Hash Nibbler
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

What's up Mr Nibbler? I'll take your criticism on leds, it answers my original question, but choosing not to 'hurl abuse' at people for putting up a post, in relation to the original question? Fully aware of the plant manipulation techniques that are used to increase bud sights, many a post on this sight in relation to that, not to mention articles in my High Times collection, so my knowledge on these are up to date. You are obviously the be all, end all when it comes to this issue, or that's how you are starting to come across, so I thank you for your input, Ganja Guru, and will now go and take a dump in your honor:-)

Majority of people on this site grow. Every room, every lighting set up, every substrate and every nutrient program are different. Cannabis strains also differ, it's called diversity. Continuous improvement is what has created this diversity, trial and error the path to success, through perseverance. So you have your set up down pat Nibbler, good on ya, but I'm the one growing in my room, and I will ultimately be the one who decides how and what I grow in that room.

So you don't like led's, I gather that, but all this criticism on people that are using, or considering using them? What's the go with that.

• Upvote 3

... and at the end of the day they're still a waste of time lol I love this site

lol

Of course supplimental lighting works, but is it worth it?  Nibbler.

Good statement that shouldn't be overlooked by anyone weighing things up.... my opinion is don't bother of course... but if anyone would like to post a grow diary I doubt there will be a problem. A good grow is a good grow is a good grow..... quite simple really :)

• Upvote 1

... and at the end of the day they're still a waste of time lol I love this site

Good statement that shouldn't be overlooked by anyone weighing things up.... my opinion is don't bother of course... but if anyone would like to post a grow diary I doubt there will be a problem. A good grow is a good grow is a good grow..... quite simple really :)

Cheers Bufo, Think ya getting what I'm saying. And like you , this is my Opinion, which I am entitled too. I just don't like seeing people waste money, actually trying to stop them making the same mistakes I did and others did, which cost them time and money.

I dont like all this negativity but I allways say "not trying to prove anything" and the first thing someone says is "it doesn't prove anything" Should I use capitals  next time Tangwena

Thats just a cop out Tangwena. Lets be brutually honest here, ya last LED grow was shit, and didnt come good until you put a HPS in there...........  Ya yield was dismal, buds average and still you harp on and on............... yet I still didnt diss ya like maybe I should of, let ya have ya pride. Was a mistake, I should of been brutually honest , like  just now.

Especially for the amount of shit I cop from know it alls like you.

OK, I'll put out a challenge then, if you can outgrow me with my old tech magnetic ballasts, with ya new fandangled LED's ....... cause ya all farkin talk............. DO IT............ anysize grow, anytime........on this site, regular updates, pictures, TO THE END.

And not because I'm big headed, or arrogant, or a show pony............ I just wanna see ya put ya money where ya mouths are...........

Bunch of Scientists who don't have a farkin clue how to grow.

Sick of takin shit from ya.

Peace. Nibbler.

• Upvote 2