Any body using leds?

I use LED's and think they are great but only if you pay for the expensive ones, by expensive I mean over 2k each.

That said there are a couple of problems that I have come across. 

>>>> Last up 50 000 hrs some as long as a 100 000 hrs so save on money on light bulbs as well <<<<

That may be true but the heatsinks and fans don't last that long, the first two LED lights I bought around 3 years ago are stuffed. I put it down to the moisture in the air.

The problem is those parts can't be replaced cheaply or easily enough.

If it were just the LED's themselves there wouldn't be a problem, I haven't had one fail yet.

The ones I have bought since then are still fine but now I'm wondering how long they will last.

Sorry for the miss squat Cooper

Ok Cyclops can you please tell us in more depth about your light as I am really interested in them ?

You mentioned that the heat sinks and fans don't last that long and that the problem is those parts can't be replaced cheaply or easily enough. can you explain why as to me removing a fan getting the model number of it and replacing it doesn't seem so hard or am I way of track here ?

Also what sort of LED light have you got whats the model name and  number  ? and how does it perform compared to a HPS or MH ?

Seeing you bought 2 lights 3 years ago and there broken now and then for you to outlay 2k for a new light indicates to me that LED lights must be alright and be as good as a HPS or MH ?

What sort of yields did you get using this light ?

I guess in the end you will never never know unless you give LEDS a go :greedy:

Ah the old "LED are the goods" story... lol

Cyclops gave them a huge rave and told the knockers, quite rightfully mind you, that unless you`ve tried `em, don`t knock `em... thing was he gave up showing us any result favourable or not...draw your own judgement.

Same for any other committed LED grower...

Yet to see a result let alone a reasonable one, all things considered... actually, yet to see a result full stop.

JAIKAI

• Upvote 2

Jaikai, give me a couple of weeks, I will post some pics of buds grown under led's. He is using an led pad, as well as the three red spectrums I mentioned in an earlier post. Why I am not using them is a long story, and as for pics of his set up, get fucked is the term he used when I asked. I ain't shitting you all, the led's will eventually make it into my tent, and if I manage the same results as my mate, I'll be happy.

also posting pictures of buds  'supposedly' from a LED setup ain't gonna do it either .. those buds could of come from anywhere - need proof that he grew em.

tell ya mate not to be paranoid, exif scrub your pictures and you should be right.

lol tell him 1 pic is all you want of just the grow room / tent in action .. not that hard lol.

All right all, put this post on hold. I won't bust his nuts for a pic, he's a mate, but as I have started this, let me finally get my shit together and finish it.:-) Currently at the start of a new grow, re: Back to hydro, grow diary. My mate can finish what he's doing, got a couple in veg to flower. By then, mine should be finished, I'll set up my original post plan, and try to imitate what I have seen them do. My only issue, earth. My mates set up has a square of concrete removed from the floor, into terra firma. I'm growing in pots. Will have to upgrade to 50 ltr tubs maybe, which will require more space than the tent can provide. Mmmmmmmmmmm!?

Thought I had better share some new info in relation to led technology. Seems some minds have been hard at work, studying the natural, spectral effect of the sun on plants. During peak sunlight, the sun is mostly feeding blue spectrum rays to the plant, but toward sunset, the rays begin to change from red to deep red. Hence, blue and red spectrum leds currently available on the market. Up until now, blue has been primarily used for veg, and red for flower, but not really in combination with each other, over varying photoperiods. So for the sceptics out there, it may just be that we have been using the new technology the wrong way. Perhaps, we should be starting the light cycle with an hour of red, followed by blue, and ending with two hours of red? If you still doubt, consider this, you don't need the leds to attain various spectrums in the grow room. HPS lighting produces more red, metal halide produces more blue. By using a combination of the two, we can achieve similar results to growing outdoors, by mimicking the suns spectral output indoors. The age of hydro takes another step forward, though I imagine some out there may just already know this?