Seasol based nutrient program

Just remember if the fert you use for flowering has the right amounts of phos etc required for flowering the nitrogen content being too much does not matter as plants will only take what nitrogen they need and can store the rest will be flushed away, unless you feed them too often then you will get burn....

If that were the case then plants wouldnt get nitrogen burn

Just reviewed my original post, I must have been toasted when writing and missed one element, good ol h2O:-) Every third or forth feed is just water, pots tend to get salt build up from un-used nutes in the soil, so I figure a straight watering with no nutes should keep excess salts down. I wish I could share my happy snaps, but my device wont allow me to upload, gotta gets me a p.c. one day. I do have one question for yall, a month ago I dropped this massive, almost jet black seed in a cube of gro-dan and let it go. It has been in the nursery for two weeks, already the leaves are as big as my hand, big fat webbed fuckers, and the aroma exuding from this baby makes me want to nibble on it, is it an afghani strain? I have not had an odour as strong as this ever on a juvenile, and am seriuosly getting hard every time I unzip the tent:-)
  • Upvote 1

If that were the case then plants wouldnt get nitrogen burn

. You must not have read the last line of the post you quoted? The assumption is as Burner has quoted now that you know a thing or two about how to fertilise and water your plant correctly to avoid build up in the soil and your babies choking each time they feel the need to uptake some water...... Fact remains they will only store what is necessary and what is necessary is dependant solely on your ability to water and fertilise correctly, in a plants natural environment this is not an issue, as a gardener you are attempting to recreate a plants natural environment as best you can.....

An update on my seasol fed ladies. Firstly, nitrogen in flower is too high, will restrict to veg period only for now. Secondly, my choice of medium is also causing some nute issues, slow release ferts in the potting mix probably the cause of that little bit too much tip burn on the leaves.Thirdly, I decided on finishing with the H&G soil nutes, but due to the nitrogen levels being so high for so long, maturation is still a good couple of weeks away, but they are loving their change in diet. P.K. treatment has induced full flower, at last showing signs of trich production, yay! Environmentally, humidity is up around10% higher, due to the lushness of foliage, but a slight adjustment in the intake fan speed is managing to keep the room stable at around 28%day, 35%night. Room temp is high, but that has something to do with the current weather pattern we are experiencing, in short, it's farkin hot! This is starting to sound like a fucking grow diary, lol, so I am gonna stop. In closing, as I have learned, Seasol, and its sidekick Powerfeed, are good fertilizers for veg and into the first weeks of flower, but the last six or seven weeks require a completely different NPK than to what these offer, regardless of rates applied. Saving what remains for the new vege patch, and going back to the drawing board. Have gathered a few tips perusing other posts, and will be applying them as I move forward. Cheers to all for your comments on this topic, and for making me feel a part of this community! Seriously:-)

Alright, last post on this thread, but a positive one. Did a bit of a test on some hermaphrodites, used them just like lab rats! Grew them in a blend of coco, perlite and peatmoss and seed mix. Used a mixture of medi one and seasol power feed, in equal parts. For those that want to know, 5ml of each product to 1 ltr of water gives you an EC of around 1. Plants loved it, could have fed more, but 1.5ltrs a day at the ratio just mentioned, reduced the need to flush to fortnightly. For flower, I used 3ml of medi one, 12ml of seasol and 3ml of superbloom for the first week only. Second week of flower onward was 9ml of seasol and 3ml of superbloom until the end of week four. Week 5 onward, and the ratio changed to 9ml of seasol and 6 ml of superbloom. Flushed at least once a week during flowering stage. At one point, did notice a bit of root issue, so all plants were flushed with eco neem, with a root treatment consisting of Yates uplift and a dose of manutec trace elements to help recover a couple of days later. Here's a couple of shots of the result, with a couple of weeks to go.................post-50453-0-26677500-1366641493_thumb.jpgpost-50453-0-25708800-1366641513_thumb.jpg

I had a bonsai outside of the same strain, only fed a lot less frequently, but the purple coloration of the leaves and the stench this little puppy was exuding, out freaking standing!

post-50453-0-35047300-1366641807_thumb.jpg

The reason for the mix is to increase the nitrogen and up the phosphorous a smudge. Been looking into NPK ratios for various plants, medi one just didn't have enough N for optimum veg.

As for pissing on your plants, I ain't no vegan, my piss is toxic dude:-)

Edited by burner
  • Upvote 1