What Is The OPTIMUM Number Of Heads (Harvest/Yield) On A Plant In An I

Can i please see these 1 gram per watt grows if there supposed to be the norm cause if i hit a pound which is 16 ounces with a 600 watter im fuckin stoaked. so 21 ounces from the same light which  saying the norm is awsome.

Definatly not saying yas cant pull it off but would like some details as in grow style, medium, strain, temps, veg and flowering time ( importnt cause if ya veging for 20 weeks or so to gethuge plants than fair nuff )......and pics of course..

Edited by pisspotgrower

A 20 week veg cycle! You'd end up with something out of the little shop of horrors, man eating marijuana plants. I can't give a definitive cycle, such is the diversity and characteristics of our favourite plant, just my method. Veg until plants reach around a fifth of the overall height of the grow area, then switch to flower. From there on, just grow until maturity. As for yield, if you are doing this for your own enjoyment, as I am sure you are:-), focus on quality, not quantity, makes it truly worth it when your kicking back with a big scoob of home grown.

Again if you start with a indica dominant strain and keep a tight control over the environmental parameters + especially have a lot of light (thats what plants eat for dinner) then you can get yields over 1g per w without having to build yourself a co2 propelled DWC alien space ship system...

1g per watt is great. its something i have never quite managed and i have been growing for some time now. i have come close on a few occasions but Kudos to those that can do it time and time again. and believe me those people are out there. also it comes down to strain choice a lot as well. i grow what i think are very potent low yielding strains. i think that as yields go up, quality generally goes down and vice versa. not always though, there are exceptions to the rule of course.

generally i think a common benchmark for people is actually more like .5g per watt. i mean the gram per watt is something to strive for but half that is realistic.

most people are happy to get a LB from a 1000w.

that said i have seen scrogs online pulling 20oz under a 400w with no co2 so go figure. sorry i think imm rambling, time for another puff lol

I pulled 0.58 per w on my first ever grow in a coco run to waste setup, no co2 or anything and flowered to a day shy of 9weeks.  I used a grow basics book and a lot of vigilence, ( i had the time too) Reflecting back i recon this was due to a long vege period of 6 weeks. This i implemented for a good year maybe before i  had things a little more understood and scaled back to 4.

I think i created my own luck on this one by exercising close scrutiny of my project.

Can i please see these 1 gram per watt grows if there supposed to be the norm cause if i hit a pound which is 16 ounces with a 600 watter im fuckin stoaked. so 21 ounces from the same light which  saying the norm is awsome.

Definatly not saying yas cant pull it off but would like some details as in grow style, medium, strain, temps, veg and flowering time ( importnt cause if ya veging for 20 weeks or so to gethuge plants than fair nuff )......and pics of course..

Was thinking the same thing mate. Though I'm thinking my biggest bottleneck is my grow area, not the 600W light or my skills. I know I could get more from a 600W if I wasn't growing in a restricted tent.

I can't ever help myself. Instead of having one or two well trained plants, I want to have 4 different strains.......who inevitably grow too tall. :)

1 gram per watt is a very good yield not an average yield, ya gotta get everything right every day to get such results. Having said that, i've known folks using co2 to get more. You have to view it as a bench mark, if your not getting that, try harder.

High yields are about constantly monitoring the parameters that affect growth and adjusting those which are bottle necking your system. Start with a high yielding strain, then  Monitor>react,Monitor>react,Monitor>react. (im sure you already know this as you seem very knowledgable)

If you can find my pic from years ago in the pic dump thread you will see a 2400w room that harvested a little under 1.8kg with a 45 day bloom cycle, damn close to the 0.5g/month of bloom mark. I learned to grow from an excellent mentor who owned the grow shop i worked for, believe it or not he had never grown a crop of dope himself, only tomatos, lettuce and herbs in his shop displays. He pushed environmental control over magic nutrients, boosters and all the other crap thats available in shops and it worked for me. I can pm you his guide if interested (if i can work out how to use the pm function). Sadly he gave the best advice of any shop in adelaide and his business was out competed by greedy shop owners who grabbed as many $ from customer as possible by selling snake oils. 

Check ya Maths man, 1800g= just over 4 pound, which is over 0.75g per watt. WTF is this Monthly growing system?never heard of it. I'd like to see ya post some diaries.....

easy to talk, harder to walk......

Here's a 1G+ grow for you, would have exceeded the 1g per watt mark but it hit some mold issues, the 1g per watt i beleive was without factoring in the molded bud, the popcorn buds or the 1Lb of hash

https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners.com/topic/12055-all-join-in-just-a-pic-dump/?p=393004

1G per Watt is a pretty great yield size...

Thats my grow....... and it aint 1g per watt........ Mould or no Mould...... if it aint 1g per watt dried and home safe...... It aint one gram per watt.........

That grow went 0.75g per watt from Memory. And the day I have a pound of hash, I won't grow for a year....... lol

Its entirely possible, with big enough pots, good training, and good feed/ enviroment, good strains,and enough light,  I've seen it done a few times.

Just do ya best, I grow multi strains, in coco, and i treat em mean, so I don't expect perfection or more..... so 0.5g a watt ya can do without really trying....

Peace. Nibbler.