• Register Now!
Grass Outdoors Shade Purple Orange Blueberry Watermelon Apple Banana Strawberry Chocolate
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community. - Login to remove this message
Sol-Sense 315W Smart LEC Digital Ballst
Drug Detox Kits, Toxin Detox Kits, Drug Testing Kits and Medical Condition masking products

Photo

What Is The OPTIMUM Number Of Heads (Harvest/Yield) On A Plant In An I

- - - - - Heads Optimum indoor growing harvest best practice best grow tent yield

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Elmer Bud

Elmer Bud

Vegetating

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Recreational
  • Fav. Heads:"Hydroponic"

G`day runlikehell 

If you top your seedlings twice over the course of a 6 week veg you should be able to produce 6-8 tops . Don`t be afraid to trim the plants to suit your space . 

Trimming off the low branches and taking out small inner branches makes a big difference to the yield of the tops. As energy is not diverted to shaded , pop corn buds.

Super cropping is a great way to increase yields but takes a little practice to perfect . Use the term super cropping in you tube and you`ll find plenty of tutorials . 

Topping , training , trimming all can add up to better yields .

EB .  

JUST SAY MOE

Say thanks with some bits:  bc1q2u6zm8fvmf9n6zv0kdtq0gsvhjfhdcysfss94j  (BTC Only)

cooper

cooper

Maturing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Rec. & Medicinal
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads)
  • Fav. Lighting: HPS
  • Fav. Nutrients:Any hydro A+ B kits + Silica.
    I dont use magic additives

Some strains will flower for 45 days and i believe that the original Jack strain took 75-90 days. Some PGR's also reduce bloom periods. The per month formula accounts for that variation.

This 0.5 gram per watt per month formula makes no sense to me. What plant flowers for 30 days ?

1 gram per watt as mentioned above seems a common benchmark.

Edited by cooper, 22 March 2013 - 11:49 PM.

pisspotgrower

pisspotgrower

Couch Locked

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1567 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:None
  • Fav. Heads:None

Can i please see these 1 gram per watt grows if there supposed to be the norm cause if i hit a pound which is 16 ounces with a 600 watter im fuckin stoaked. so 21 ounces from the same light which  saying the norm is awsome.

Definatly not saying yas cant pull it off but would like some details as in grow style, medium, strain, temps, veg and flowering time ( importnt cause if ya veging for 20 weeks or so to gethuge plants than fair nuff )......and pics of course..

Edited by pisspotgrower, 23 March 2013 - 12:41 AM.

burner

burner

Smoking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 Posts:
  • Interests:Seeing hemp and cannabis legalised and utilised for the healing of both the population and the planet. And fishing.......
  • Fav. Type:Hashish, Oil Concentrates
  • Fav. Heads:100% Organic
  • Fav. Lighting: sun or hps
A 20 week veg cycle! You'd end up with something out of the little shop of horrors, man eating marijuana plants. I can't give a definitive cycle, such is the diversity and characteristics of our favourite plant, just my method. Veg until plants reach around a fifth of the overall height of the grow area, then switch to flower. From there on, just grow until maturity. As for yield, if you are doing this for your own enjoyment, as I am sure you are:-), focus on quality, not quantity, makes it truly worth it when your kicking back with a big scoob of home grown.
Dope will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no dope! The Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace. Jimi Hendrix.

Myth; Legalising cannabis will result in an increase of teenage abuse.
Fact; Drug dealers dont check i.d.!

cooper

cooper

Maturing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 Posts:
  • Fav. Lighting: HPS
  • Fav. Nutrients:Any hydro A+ B kits + Silica.
    I dont use magic additives

1 gram per watt is a very good yield not an average yield, ya gotta get everything right every day to get such results. Having said that, i've known folks using co2 to get more. You have to view it as a bench mark, if your not getting that, try harder.

High yields are about constantly monitoring the parameters that affect growth and adjusting those which are bottle necking your system. Start with a high yielding strain, then  Monitor>react,Monitor>react,Monitor>react. (im sure you already know this as you seem very knowledgable)

If you can find my pic from years ago in the pic dump thread you will see a 2400w room that harvested a little under 1.8kg with a 45 day bloom cycle, damn close to the 0.5g/month of bloom mark. I learned to grow from an excellent mentor who owned the grow shop i worked for, believe it or not he had never grown a crop of dope himself, only tomatos, lettuce and herbs in his shop displays. He pushed environmental control over magic nutrients, boosters and all the other crap thats available in shops and it worked for me. I can pm you his guide if interested (if i can work out how to use the pm function). Sadly he gave the best advice of any shop in adelaide and his business was out competed by greedy shop owners who grabbed as many $ from customer as possible by selling snake oils. 

Can i please see these 1 gram per watt grows if there supposed to be the norm cause if i hit a pound which is 16 ounces with a 600 watter im fuckin stoaked. so 21 ounces from the same light which  saying the norm is awsome.

Definatly not saying yas cant pull it off but would like some details as in grow style, medium, strain, temps, veg and flowering time ( importnt cause if ya veging for 20 weeks or so to gethuge plants than fair nuff )......and pics of course..

tomatillo

tomatillo

Just Sprouting

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 Posts:

Again if you start with a indica dominant strain and keep a tight control over the environmental parameters + especially have a lot of light (thats what plants eat for dinner) then you can get yields over 1g per w without having to build yourself a co2 propelled DWC alien space ship system...

GreenGoat

GreenGoat

Oni

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 291 Posts:
  • Interests:Jesus
  • Fav. Lighting: The heavenly glow of Jesus's smile

Here's a 1G+ grow for you, would have exceeded the 1g per watt mark but it hit some mold issues, the 1g per watt i beleive was without factoring in the molded bud, the popcorn buds or the 1Lb of hash

https://cannabis.com...-dump/?p=393004

1G per Watt is a pretty great yield size...

forgetiwashere

forgetiwashere

Couch Locked

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1536 Posts:
  • Interests:fishing and growing, vegies and other
  • Fav. Lighting: 400w cmh

1g per watt is great. its something i have never quite managed and i have been growing for some time now. i have come close on a few occasions but Kudos to those that can do it time and time again. and believe me those people are out there. also it comes down to strain choice a lot as well. i grow what i think are very potent low yielding strains. i think that as yields go up, quality generally goes down and vice versa. not always though, there are exceptions to the rule of course.

generally i think a common benchmark for people is actually more like .5g per watt. i mean the gram per watt is something to strive for but half that is realistic.

most people are happy to get a LB from a 1000w.

that said i have seen scrogs online pulling 20oz under a 400w with no co2 so go figure. sorry i think imm rambling, time for another puff lol

Clima

Clima

Just Sprouting

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 Posts:
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads), Hashish, Oil Concentrates
  • Fav. Heads:Bio-Organic
  • Fav. Lighting: Used to love my 600w hps. Now using the sun is the one!

I pulled 0.58 per w on my first ever grow in a coco run to waste setup, no co2 or anything and flowered to a day shy of 9weeks.  I used a grow basics book and a lot of vigilence, ( i had the time too) Reflecting back i recon this was due to a long vege period of 6 weeks. This i implemented for a good year maybe before i  had things a little more understood and scaled back to 4.

I think i created my own luck on this one by exercising close scrutiny of my project.

Ferrethead

Ferrethead

Flowering

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 Posts:
  • Interests:Guitar......guitar and guitar. I play religiously.....

For now my interests are producing high quality smoke and to longer deal with dealers......self supply is my aim.
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads), Hashish
  • Fav. Heads:Bio-Organic
  • Fav. Lighting: 600W hps

Was thinking the same thing mate. Though I'm thinking my biggest bottleneck is my grow area, not the 600W light or my skills. I know I could get more from a 600W if I wasn't growing in a restricted tent.

I can't ever help myself. Instead of having one or two well trained plants, I want to have 4 different strains.......who inevitably grow too tall. :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Heads, Optimum, indoor, growing, harvest, best practice, best, grow, tent, yield

WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community.