Whats Ur electric bill ..?

The cursed cost per yield, raises it's ugly head with every new purchase, that I don't mind,

until the electricity bill arrives then ....it's second doubts as to the future of the newly acquired asset.

With serious discipline I have reduced my cursed power bill down to a miserable $1.92 ? a month at the moment 

I only have an air pump on running 24/7 for clones at the moment, but come june/july once again that will be above $200.00 pm -ish

math for costing

(180 L air pump 240vac .40w) 10 days x 24 hours = 240hours x 40 watts = 9600w /1k =9.6 x .20 cents(avg) =$1.92

My current grow is large and external, extending the veg time by using those shitty bunnings garden lights, that do nuth'in but prevent early budding

solar lites were a gift

OMG! Run, that bill is huge! lol . $1.92 would maybe start my ballasts...... maybe.....

WTF did ya expect the bunnings solar lights to do? Give them miraculous growth, thats all they are for......extending ya veg light hours.

Doing electrical usage calculations for a friggin airpump.............ya takin the piss eh? :rofl:

Peace. Nibbler.

• Upvote 2

No need to jump all over him lol

He is calculating his current usage not complaining about it. Also I don't think he expected the solar lights to do more than they already are.

Apart from that the calculation is faulty (although maybe mine is but I'm backing it lol )

It should be as such;

24 * .04 * .2 = 0.192 (19.2c per day)

.192 * 30 = 5.76 ($5.76 to run per 30 days)

Naycha :peace:

• Upvote 1

Our power is running at over $300/month, and I'm not growing indoors.  I don't even want to think about running a 600-1000 watt hps for 12-24hrs/day on top of that.  I'd have to sell some of my stash to cover the cost, then grow more to replace my stash, etc etc until I'm a weed baron and get busted, and they take all my growin shit, and seize my assets, shit I'm freakin out man.  Looks like I'm stuck with mother nature.  But seriously, my deepest sympathies to all personal use indoor growers, power prices are getting ridiculous, pity good solar panel setups are still prohibitively priced.

• Upvote 2

The cursed cost per yield, raises it's ugly head with every new purchase, that I don't mind,

until the electricity bill arrives then ....it's second doubts as to the future of the newly acquired asset.

With serious discipline I have reduced my cursed power bill down to a miserable $1.92 ? a month at the moment 

I only have an air pump on running 24/7 for clones at the moment, but come june/july once again that will be above $200.00 pm -ish

math for costing

(180 L air pump 240vac .40w) 10 days x 24 hours = 240hours x 40 watts = 9600w /1k =9.6 x .20 cents(avg) =$1.92

My current grow is large and external, extending the veg time by using those shitty bunnings garden lights, that do nuth'in but prevent early budding

solar lites were a gift

Some pics of the large external grow please.... Thread is boring otherwise! lol

• Upvote 4