Best place to buy LEDs in Aus?

So if your using 300watts and getting less yield due to the penetration issues............. where is the cost saving compared to a 400w HPS?

LED's still produce heat too, not as much as HID but they aren't exactly cool running either....

It's still like comparing fluoro's to HPS, they just aren't up to it.

Like the Hash Nibbler said we see ZERO LED grows that don't end in misery or embarrassment. The easiest way for the LED lovers to prove how good they are is to do a REAL grow diary.... not too much to ask is it? Until then this whole conversation is irrelevant :bongon:

I thought the general tone from what I wrote would be easily interpreted as I was on the side saying they are not very good.  and on the 400hps.. I would never use a 400w hps, I dont see the point in using 400 vs 600 the yeild differance for the extra 200watts says it all. \

I was saying I am trialling the LED, I am unhappy with them. I tried to be all diplomatic saying it though as I dont want to rain on the parade on anyone happy using them.

• Upvote 3

It's a pity everyone is so anti LED on this site, I can only imagine that it has to do with the low quality Chinese made knock offs that are flooding the grow market, I do believe that Ozstoners is not fair representation of the Aussie grow scene but a commercial implant of a minor Australian  Cannabis related commercial concern, and hence must fly its own "flag "to suit it's own commercial requirements.

Why else or where else would you find members and moderators comment on what would be seen anywhere else as a minor post, barely worthy of comment...?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

It's a pity everyone is so anti LED on this site, I can only imagine that it has to do with the low quality Chinese made knock offs that are flooding the grow market, I do believe that Ozstoners is not fair representation of the Aussie grow scene but a commercial implant of a minor Australian  Cannabis related commercial concern, and hence must fly its own "flag "to suit it's own commercial requirements.

Why else or where else would you find members and moderators comment on what would be seen anywhere else as a minor post, barely worthy of comment...?

Spot on Vostok.

You could have added that these anti LED posts are from people who have never even used one lol

Ferrethead, might I ask where you bought it from and how much did you payed for your LED ?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Maybe we just dont like seeing people waste their money..... :whistle: , Newbs dont have lots of bucks to buy fancy pantz LED systems, when HID is tried tested and proven to work.

Just remember , one bad first grow can put someone off growing for years too...........and thats a shame if its down to bad lighting, and being disappointed with the results.

I'd just rather people use what works best, sorry if that clashes with ya sense of self rightiousness...... maybe you two can hang out, grow some mediocre LED buds, and laugh at our nice fat juicy HID buds........

I've used LED's in Holland, and for what its worth they are shit. Just haven't used em here, and in the 10 years since then, all I've seen by LED manufacturers is at BEST a vague stab at what is needed to make them more affordable, and BETTER.

Overpriced patio party lights at best.............

Peace. Nibbler.

:whine:...they don't agree with what I say so I'll start a conspiracy theory...:whine:

Just sayin'

Edited by Matanuska Thunder
  • Upvote 2

Nibbler I have never recommended that a new grower use LED's. In fact I have mentioned in just about all my posts on LED's to stay away from cheap units and that only expensive ones are suitable for growing.

However this site isn't only for new growers, experienced growers also come here and share info on the various setups they use. 

I have had some interesting conversations via PM with people who use LED's but won't post on the boards because of the hostile criticizem they would be subjected to.  

This isn't all about the world of "The Hash Nibbler"  :pimp:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1