Best place to buy LEDs in Aus?

the sun, ever heard of it spits out a decent spectrum.

In large scale medical grows they are using factories with massive skylights and just supplementing with artificial light when necessary. Imagine how much you would save on your lighting bill with a skylight straight into a grow cupboard or room. Edited by wannagrowbuds

Oh fuck yeah... Realised why i couldn't find my late flower pics, coz I stopped taking photos with my phone and bought a camera with white correction on it.

Its hard to take photos in a full tent.... This is after the first plant was harvested at day 65, so 4 plants left, the think differents actually have spacers under the pots so they're not really that high, just had to lift them up to get on the same level as the auto pounder

post-32946-0-63583500-1408687191_thumb.jpg

Here's some photos of the last plant to get harvested(Dutch Passion Think Different), and probably the only one that actually was given a chance to reach its potential.

post-32946-0-26105800-1408687060_thumb.jpg

post-32946-0-61942400-1408687106_thumb.jpg

post-32946-0-75343200-1408687148_thumb.jpg

post-32946-0-05426000-1408686724_thumb.jpg

The internode spacing when growing with LEDs is tiny, the stretch is underwhelming 50cm is the height i tried to keep them at, no bleaching or burning at 30cm, I haven't had to replace any diodes and the LED's dont transfer much in the way of heat to the plants themselves, but the growroom itself gets warm because the LED fans just vent into the room, there's no real way to duct that heat out of the room. I cant compare the heat to growing with HPS because I have no experience with it, but I know that running 4 of these units in my tent in the australian summer without any air conditioning would not be possible. In winter my grow room temp sits around 28C.

I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything really...There's plenty of ways to skin a cat. LED's work for me, efficiently. Sure there's plenty of people with bad experiences with earlier versions of LED grow lights, and there's plenty of people who won't listen no matter what evidence you give them...It doesn't take much googling to figure out that LED grow lights can be a very efficient way to grow.

Nice, stretch is a pain indoors and the little bit of heat is actually useful for those of us in cool regions who would rather not leave the heating on all night for the sake of our plants.

I wouldn't get too excited about CMH, the technology has been around for years and it's not moving anywhere near the pace that LED's are. The biggest draw to CHM is full spectrum including UV, which your LEDs already has. LED are also arguably more efficient as you don't need to replace bulbs every year or so.

yeah that papilion looks the goods, plus gavita new plasma here soon . lthough Gavita are still saying its not a stand alone light. Im thinking about running those papillions as under lights

Ive only seen rocket plasma over at anotehr site... guy reckons it does 4 x4 but looks more likea  3x3 ....I cant see 230W replacing a 600... and for $900 they are some big buck IMO but will wait and see...

I have other options I prefer for that price

http://4hydroponics.com/rocket-plasma-system

Guy at my local was chatting to me about these.

http://www.epapillon.com/index.php/products/d-papillon

He reckons he's got a mate growing 4 big plants with a 600w HPS over each, swapped out one of the HPS for the DPapillon 315w LEC and was amazed at the size difference. For almost half the power draw.

The D-Papillon Fixture consists of an Ultra durable electronic ballast which has a 50.000 hours average rated life with a 90% survival rate.

The average rated life of the GreenPower and Daylight bulbs are 16.000 hours with 80% lightoutput remaining.

Advisable to wear sunscreen...