Drug Testing and Analysis - special issue on cannabinoids

Very interesting thread mjbarrat.

Right up my ally.

I have sufferred from cannabis psychosis and have been told I can never smoke cannabis again and I find this research thrilling when I debate the opportunity to smoke cannabis again in light of the effects of CBD over the effects of THC. There is research being done on this website which I find very informative. You might like to read;

http://bjp.rcpsych.org/content/197/4/259.full#fn-4

Props to you

• Upvote 2

We should put a prohibition on the word prohibition. A post-prohibition world would be fantastic MJ, many a stoned moment has been spent contemplating this. My only concern is the therapeutic benefits, because once they are officially recognised, big business and pharma organisations are gonna invest big bucks in research and development, which means patents.

A medicine, which is as simple as putting a seed into earth and watering to manufacture, will wind up being some genetically modified, laboratory grown, synthetically enhanced monstrosity which will then be converted into some pill or liquid, costing the patient up to 50 times the cost of a seed. As for growing your own, once the patents are in place?

The reality that cannabis/hemp can save our planet is not a fantasy. But money, greed, and a need to control, still dominates our humanity. We have evolved mentally, but are still quite infantile spiritually. We are not one with the earth, the races that were have been wiped out or integrated into our ideal of civilised man. This is the sad face of the modern world, take all there is to offer, before somebody else does. What do we take when there is nothing left to give?

Sorry MJ, going off into one of my rants:-) starting to depress myself, gonna go get high now.lol.

P.s. Did I mention, I love your work!

• Upvote 1

Hi MJ, thanks so much for your input,I don't know much about drug testing and analysis, but I would like to take this opportunity to tell how I was caught out.

It was easy to pass all urine testing in my profession years ago, however I had to take a yearly medical and was ignorant of the fact that cannabanoids can hang around your kidneys for up to 3 months? I stopped intake 1 month before my medical but was busted severely. Some stoners say that they can mask the presence of cannabis in their bloodstream with different substances, I think they may be talking just about urine testing but am unsure! I don't think that you could mask the cannabanoids in a blood test.

Would you be able to clarify for us.

respect

sharpie :bongon:

Compared to THC, cannabidiol is non-psychoactive, and is considered to have a wider scope of medical applications than THC, including to epilepsy,[3] multiple sclerosis spasms,[4] anxiety disorders, schizophrenia,[5] and nausea.

Cannabidiol has displayed sedative effects in animal tests.[6] Some research, however, indicates that CBD can increase alertness.[7] It may decrease the rate of THC clearance from the body, perhaps by interfering with the metabolism of THC in the liver.

Medically, it has been shown to relieve convulsion, inflammation, anxiety, and nausea, as well as inhibit cancer cell growth.[8] Recent studies have shown cannabidiol to be as effective as atypical antipsychotics in treating schizophrenia.[9] Studies have also shown that it may relieve symptoms of dystonia.[10][11]

In November 2007, it was reported that CBD reduces growth of aggressive human breast cancer cells in vitro and reduces their invasiveness.[12]

absolutely mjbarrat, the medical benefits of CBD are numerous. ----> ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabidiol)

Infact people who moderately smoke high cbd cannabis are much less at risk of developing mental health complications such as schitsophrenia, depression and anxiety as opposed to those who heavily use high THC only strains.

lol Sharpie, you could allways buy a urine sample kit and sub it in as your own, maybe ask a mate to take a sample for you.

Edited by walla_roo

Compared to THC, cannabidiol is non-psychoactive, and is considered to have a wider scope of medical applications than THC, including to epilepsy,[3] multiple sclerosis spasms,[4] anxiety disorders, schizophrenia,[5] and nausea.

Cannabidiol has displayed sedative effects in animal tests.[6] Some research, however, indicates that CBD can increase alertness.[7] It may decrease the rate of THC clearance from the body, perhaps by interfering with the metabolism of THC in the liver.

Medically, it has been shown to relieve convulsion, inflammation, anxiety, and nausea, as well as inhibit cancer cell growth.[8] Recent studies have shown cannabidiol to be as effective as atypical antipsychotics in treating schizophrenia.[9] Studies have also shown that it may relieve symptoms of dystonia.[10][11]

In November 2007, it was reported that CBD reduces growth of aggressive human breast cancer cells in vitro and reduces their invasiveness.[12]

absolutely mjbarrat, the medical benefits of CBD are numerous. ----> ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabidiol)

You are asking Dr Barratt to look at Wikipedia...? really?

• Upvote 3

You are asking Dr Barratt to look at Wikipedia...? really?

lol depends how you read/interpret what I say.

I meant to agree with Mjbarratt and more so provide a quick source for other readers to follow. I don't know nearly as much as MJbarrat, or claim too, or wish to suggest that I do. I don't wish to imply that mjbarrat is a fool either, i've just become interested in the area myself after personal health complications. I can see that others could benefit from smoking cannabis that contains large proportions of CBD as opposed to THC only cannabis. Whether in the medical or recreational pre-text.

Mj Barrat you rock, peace.

Edited by walla_roo

mmmm interesting working in Mental Health for many years I have heard this debate rarely, but true experience for people with psychosis and the thc vs cbd debate, they said it kept them well as opposed to meds. I dont know enough about the two please enlighten

• Upvote 1