• Register Now!
Grass Outdoors Shade Purple Orange Blueberry Watermelon Apple Banana Strawberry Chocolate
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community. - Login to remove this message
Glandore Hydroponic Nutrients, Lights and Equipment
Barneys Farm Cannabis Seeds

Photo

Sweet Seeds Presentation at Oz Stoners ✿ ★

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

wannagrowbuds

wannagrowbuds

Curing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Recreational
  • Fav. Heads:None
Jay, can you share with us your favorite or recommended method for germinating seeds?

Say thanks with some bits:  bc1q2u6zm8fvmf9n6zv0kdtq0gsvhjfhdcysfss94j  (BTC Only)

Sweet Seeds -Jaypp

Sweet Seeds -Jaypp

Curing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:None

Hi Bro!

you can watch this thread to see my simple method:

https://cannabis.com...-video-full-hd/

I hope you like it!

Jaypp

wannagrowbuds

wannagrowbuds

Curing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Recreational
Cool, Bonza came through for me any I now have Green Poison, Sweet Trainwreck and Cream Mandarine autos. Looking forward to spring to get them going outdoors in organics.

Sweet Seeds

Sweet Seeds

Sweet and Aromatic Varieties

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 Posts:
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads)
  • Fav. Heads:Bio-Organic
Hi wannagrowbuds!

Nice to know my friend. Some great strains you've got there. When you grow them please share the experience with us here ;)

Sweet smokes!

tommy

Koren55

Koren55

Planted

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 Posts:
  • Fav. Lighting: Sun
Hey Guys

While I was visiting Barcelona in May I passed a Marijuana Co-op and stopped in to look. They had a display of Sweet Seeds on their counter.

I asked the clerk what was good for chronic pain, and also fresh, he recommended a pack of your Sweet Afghani Delicious Fast seeds.

Attached File  IMG_20170514_090031617.jpg   124.67K   10 downloadsAttached File  IMG_20170514_090023389_kindlephoto-35451892.jpg   250.55K   11 downloads

They were stamped as being processed in January of this year, lot 99. I wanted fresh because three years ago in Amsterdam we bought ten seeds from a street vendor. Got home and planted them in starter pots - not one grew.

Anyway, we brought your seeds back to the United States with us. That Sunday, May 21st I planted one seed. On the third day it sprouted!

Two weeks after I planted the first, I planted a second seed. Again, on the third day it was an inch above the surface with its first two leaves.

Each plant was set outside during the days, and later on nights, then when they were each four weeks old, they were planted directly into the ground. I live in North Central Maryland, close to the Pennsylvania border.

Here are some photos, the first plant taken on June 23,

Attached File  IMG_20170623_085258807.jpg   192.57K   10 downloads

And one on July 6th; just look at the growth in two weeks time!
Attached File  IMG_20170703_074225752.jpg   285.62K   10 downloads

Here's the second plant, first photo on June 23,

Attached File  IMG_20170623_085238790.jpg   190.31K   10 downloads

second on July 5:
Attached File  IMG_20170703_074152453.jpg   271.16K   10 downloads
Now, I'm a beginner at this growing, but I have a degree in Botany, from back in the seventies. Didn't do much with it career wise, just used my knowledge as a hobby.

Can you folks answer some questions?

1. This strain is not autoflowering, so flowering will be triggered by shorter days, longer nights. Do you know about how many hours of dark will trigger it? Currently we're getting about 8 hours of dark.

2. It says these are Short. What exactly is Short? How tall will they grow? Under a meter? Under 2 meters?

We have a six foot fence, approximately 2.2 meters I think. But between the plant and the fence, I have a twenty foot long trellis that's about 5.5 feet, or 2 meters, in height. I'll be growing cucumbers and vines on this to block anyone trying to look into my yard. I'm hoping that will be high enough.

3. I read that this strain takes 60 - 65 days until maturity. But if this is Non-autoflowering, how can that be?

My one plant was planted May 21, it's now July 9th. It's been 47 days since it germinated. It's no where near producing flowers.

4. I've also read that this plant's harvest time is early September. Is that correct?

Can they be harvested later?

I'm asking because something came up and now I have to be out of town between September 7th and 25th - two and a half weeks. Do you think the crop would be all right? Or, can I delay it some way?

Last question -
5. Do you recommend pruning, or tying, or any other method to produce more compact plants?

I've read so much and I'm very confused. Since the first plant was producing lots of secondary side shoots, I tried tying down the top part so it was bent over. This they said would allow the side shoots to also develop larger flowers. The second plant I'm just going to let grow naturally.

As for other factors, I monitor daily for insects and disease. Just found one leaf roller caterpillar yesterday. I pinched his home off the plant and gave him the boot (my boot descending on it - squish).

The two plants are in the middle of my veggie garden. Surrounded by companion plantings like marigolds to deter insects, and also plants to act like traps - favorites of certain pests that they'll prefer to attack and keep away from good plants. I grow everything organically, no chemicals or fertilizers.

I'm a beginner on this board, so please excuse me if I screwed up adding photos.

Koren55

Attached Files

Sweet Seeds

Sweet Seeds

Sweet and Aromatic Varieties

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 Posts:
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads)
  • Fav. Heads:Bio-Organic

Hi Koren!

Sorry for the late reply. I suppose you already finished this grow, right? How were the results?

I also suppose that experience allowed you to get answers to many of your questions, but anyway here it goes:

1 - F1 Fast Version strains start flowering through exactly the same processes as any other photoperiod-dependent plants, which means they start flowering when the days get shorter and the nights longer to the point that you get 12 or more hours of complete darkness per day;

2 - How tall they grow depends on how many time they are kept on the vegetative stage. So, if you sprout them 3 months before the days get shorter enough for them to flower, you will get very big/tall plants. On the other hand, if you sprout them just a few weeks before the days get shorter, the plants don't grow that much and can easily stand between 50cm and 150cm. When we say this strain is a short strain we are comparing it with other strains. I mean, we are talking about a tendency. But the final size depends always on how much vegetative time they are subjected to;

3 - It takes 60-65 days to achieve maturity after it starts flowering, not after the germination of the seeds. With autoflowering the days are presented since germination and with photoperiod-dependent plants it is since the beginning of flowering.

4 - The information about the month of harvest regards to the Spanish latitude. As far as I can see yours is not that different, but I think it would be normal if it was ready to be harvested by late September or even early October. Are they harvested yet?

5 - We could recommend pruning or tying but that's up to you. If you need to keep them short (for whatever reason), you can prune or do some LST. If there is no need to keep them short, just let them grow naturally.

I hope this helps and, once again, sorry for the late reply. If you visit us again please let us know how it went.

All the best and sweet smokes!

tommy

International Cannabis Cultivation Questionnaire
Glandore Hydroponic Nutrients, Lights and Equipment
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community.