Watering System

Tom

I have done this little image to display my setup (A bit of over kill but hey Its fun)

Tom nice tutorial there Im adding this to show a hybrid system and to clarify the water flow circut

post-10260-1156389645_thumb.jpg

I will detail it so that L growers can see what us freaks(methe freak if i am alone in my suffering) go to to keep our babies happy.

Overflow safety

Solely for blockages within the main plant tray and save unnessacary spillage.

Level Control Tap

I use this to set a level in the main plant tray actually the pipe is moved to a height that i wish the water to stay at in the top tray and the tap is kind of left hard open as i found this easier to manage.

Air Pump

Provides a bubbling that provides air to in water roots and also a watering to the base of the net pots via the air stones.

Float Valve

Keeps a constant water level within the Nutrient tank and allows the evaporisation of clorine in the top up tank. This pervents the large fluctuations in CF of the nutrients as when the plant takes straight water the nutrient level is ballanced with straight water.

Fish Tank Heater

Basic need and is set to 28 degrees with changes in temp from pipes etc root mass is around 23 degrees. Get a stainless steal one its worth it in the long run.

Yellow Lines = 10mm Foam sheeting

This is an attempt to cut on the costs of heating the tank and works quit well as the heater used to be on hard but now is often seen to have stopped heating.

I hope that this helps some people and provides an insight into what can be done!!!!!

Timer Settings

The timers are set to top feed every 4 hours for 30 minutes but the tank stirrer and the air stones are running non stop.

I did have a pump setup on the return that i used to use to pump back up the system to the over flow outlet of the top tray to do a clean water flush but have since been lazy and needed the pump in another system thus my main system lost it.

shit happens I think your system can be done more efficiently.

you are using up height unnecessarily and height is a big factor usually with indoor growing. You can have a recirculating bubbler system without elevated pots. only your res needs to be elevated with a feedline and float valve in a control bucket, and you recirculate the system through a pump in the control bucket. do not make your recirculation continious though because when those buckets get full with roots they don't drain very fast which is also why the overflow line back to the control bucket is a good idea

Ive got a set up happening with my medium being Coco. im sick of watering with a can 2 times a day, im after a cheap drip system for 2 plants anyone ever done this before??

I've been playing with a recirculating coco setup.

so far it has run brilliantly

Been running it exactly the same as my recirculating Hydroton set up.

The only thing I'm going to add is a filter to catch little pieces of grit/shell/sand that flush out of the coco

Had to flush the 'Sri Lankan' brand coco a few times before first use until the EC of the runoff was back down around 0.3-0.4.

Running the pump 15 mins on 4 times a day, solution is running through the pots, I don't bother restricting the flow anymore via a second tap tee'd off the main feed line back into the res but that's the easiest way to slow it back to a drip system

• Oz unpinned this topic