Australian/Oceania Heirloom Cannabis strains

Let's say we could time travel.

Let's say we could grab a heap of seed from the past, from a specific area and let's say we knew the strain.

If we grew those seeds out wouldn't they have low THC levels?

Always read and see articles that say how low the THC level was until cultivation for THC really started happening in the modern age.

Or is it for the terpene profile?

If we had those time travelling seeds wouldn't they still have to be crossed again and again to get the levels up?

Don't get me wrong, I'm all about seed and strain preservation but seem to come across again and again how low the THC was back in the day.

Also come across how much people miss the strains of the old days, is this looking at the past with rose tinted lenses?

Sure it did the job but maybe one didn't have as much of a tolerance then thus the less stronger strain knocking you about?

Love some thoughts on this.

Thanks Pedro.

I'm not experienced enough to really know anything but I do know that I can't remember smoking anything that was better than my own. Maybe all in my head but so what, I'll take a phychosomatic high\pain relief too!

Drying and curing is something the pgr fuckheads don't do.

Is it a case of combining the older terp profile with modern THC levels and grow patterns? Would some of that terp profile be lost by the time you get something worth growing?

• Upvote 2

A lot were soaked in opium ,,,of the thais 

Strains were still high in THC ...people just didn't ..live there lives except sitting down choofing cone after cone of skunk ....know what they were getting and it varied so much .......The origins of hash shows people in ancient times were doing it and getting high as ...we wouldn't have had all the stories otherwise of men in the sky .

The original strains that made up skunks all had high THC.

I think it is a bullshit line governments and cops have said over the years because of hydro ...and people doing nothing but pumping pipe after pipe .

Day after day ...way more addictive when mixed with tobacco than a joint ...And when did we have the technology to measure THC ...not until recently ..

Obviously todays strains are higher in thc ...but they came from somewhere .

People miss  that strains in those days had more cbd ...to balance it out ...less paranoia and less jittery ...

So how do you measure a high ?

Different things for different people ...

https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2015/03/was-marijuana-really-less-potent-in-the-1960s/387010/

Alot of old weed was also old weed 

https://www.marijuana.com/news/2017/03/cbn-the-sleepy-cannabinoid-in-old-weed/

and had cbn

Weed changes how it affects you with age .....you get more high when you are new to it and younger..... less with age and tolerance build up

this next one isnt as accurate due to bust numbers 

https://herb.co/marijuana/news/modern-day-weed-vs-hippie-weed

Origins of skunk

The skunk marijuana is a poly hybrid between two Sativa landraces – Colombian Gold and Acapulco Gold – and an Afghani Indica purebred.

All potent strains ...when mixed and selected .

All with high thc levels these didn't just appear from no where

https://www.allbud.com/marijuana-strains/sativa/columbian-gold

https://www.allbud.com/marijuana-strains/sativa-dominant-hybrid/acapulco-gold

https://www.allbud.com/marijuana-strains/indica/afghani

Now yes they have been selected but they still had high thc levels ...

I'd say 90% of the old sativa's in the 60's were still largely hemp varieties ....

And every now and then a good grower or import would come in .

It had to have been there originally in some or we wouldn't have it today.

• Upvote 2

Yeah i agree carbon, give me a skunk or a OG some shit, over all that old crap

them dutch and septic tank breeders sure did a great job 

was being a bit sarcastic, prefer a nice Thai x or African, or PNG, most definitely an old killer indica x with one of them

would really like to find some of that real trippy psychedelic shit again, have to look a bit harder lol

nobody wants to smoke the good shit anyway, its all nice kiddie shit, nice pretty lbgQti names, all looks the same, gets ya stoned for a little bit, lol

luckily i still got a bit of the old shit floating about,  :gardening:  :sun:

• Upvote 1

All good ....I had some trippy thai's 2 years ago .. .

I hear that [point.....it is about taste and looks ...the old girl sativa's that were not mixed with haze is the spot to look ..most have haze and skunk nowadays ....and are still called sats ,,,.like you nailed it 

some of the African durban/thai/png

As for modern indoor (not all but most commercial grown for yield ) 

Yeah gets you stoned a little bit......15 mins later "who's up for another'  ; )

Edited by cardrona
  • Upvote 1

was being a bit sarcastic, prefer a nice Thai x or African, or PNG, most definitely an old killer indica x with one of them

would really like to find some of that real trippy psychedelic shit again, have to look a bit harder lol

nobody wants to smoke the good shit anyway, its all nice kiddie shit, nice pretty lbgQti names, all looks the same, gets ya stoned for a little bit, lol

luckily i still got a bit of the old shit floating about,  :gardening:  :sun:

Sarcastic?

Pedro being sarcastic?

That's a first..........

That's a good read.

Thanks Cardrona.

So like, it's kind of inconclusive to a point.

Testing type and sure humans haven't been testing that long all a factor.

Everybody being different and having different affects on them.

Better sink more time and money into the time machine project........

I think so ...

• Upvote 1