Australian/Oceania Heirloom Cannabis strains

My fav strain of all time was lost in the early 90s.. Was an old Thai line.. Went by different names.. Golden Thai.. Golden Buddha.. Gold Thai Buddha.. Thai buddah gold...

exact same strain with different names all over the country .. It actually went a golden color during dry cure process.. And was an absolute all round awesome strain.. Had the flavor, high and bag appeal.

• Upvote 1

Oh my, lemon Thai,in 1975 on a job site at MT Newman in wa, at lunch time I broke up a fat Thai stick and rolled two joints, shared between 8 blokes, we were all fucked up and slept the rest of day, boss turned up at 5pm to pick us up and everyone totally fucked up, one bloke went missing for 3 days and found Jesus with the local 7 day Adventists, ha-ha, I got fired, you just don't get weed like that anymore.

• Upvote 3

does anyone remember thai buddah rolled in brown paper,?

it was around the same length as a cigarette, just a tad thicker

made your eyes roll back in your head,

with a headrush of mega proportions,

it sent many into a spin/white out trip on the porcelain bus

Edited by manbearpig

Jeepers, your 'friend' really didn't know what was going on... Old Toke.  lol

It's easy enough to tie a plant down, or hey, even turn the lights down to 12/12 before the thing hits the roof. It's not like they get to 2m tall over night.

The biggest problem I am finding growing (80/20) sativa dominant plants indoors is the time it takes your space out of production. I could have vegged and flowered two runs of small, short flowering plants in the time my tent has been busy with with silver haze. So, I am down 16 oz already and the plant has only half filled the 1x1m screen... by the time I am finished I expect I will be at least 24oz down on a usual winter's grow season. 

Crossing my fingers and hoping I will still get time to flower a few quickies before it gets too hot.

• Upvote 4

Hi I'm looking to find out more about what local varieties some of you might have been growing for awhile. You have an awesome climate for cannabis, and I really think it would be cool to hear about some of the stuff you guys toke on and treasure which isn't hyped based cookie cutter Cannabis Seed bank stuff.  I love sativas/equatorial cannabis strains and I have grown a lot of them. Though my Australian cannabis knowledge is zero other from what I've read.

I'm also interested in knowing about the out lineing areas of Pau Pau New Guinea, as I've heard a lot of good stuff back in the day regarding Fets 303 when he was doing the Spice Bros thing.

Thanks for your time in reading this and I look forward to speaking to anyone which would like to chat, thanks again.

Snow

As a fellow Californian, I also share Snow's inquisitive nature and lust for learning about Cannabis strains from around the world.

It sounds like many of the prominent varietals are of predominantly Sativa origins.  I'm curious, have there been many or any old heirloom Indica lines or clones that found a niche in Australias back country?  

If you want something similar to a Mullum or the old school thais ...dont confuse they are very different ....in size and shape and taste ...and imported or home grown in OZ

You need a Bengali x Brazil x Sth Africa (originals bought over buy the first fleet ) grown in the hunter the ships stopped at these ports on the way here    x Viet/Thai x papua ng.,Sativa gigantica,now present in nepal ,bought back from the wars ..and bands/travellers coming back here..all wars after 45..,,there the original lines .plus it was hybridised and inbred in the North Arm area ...and up and down the coast ,,,you may get something similar ...but never the same totally .And besides ...to get those originals you would have to travel ....as the ones you buy from seed banks of those lines are so far from there original parentage ...you have no hope .to re create it maybe .....but you would need a huge commercial greenhouse and many years of selection . 

They are still around ...but held by few

Just like a hit band that brings out a killer album and then breaks up and tries to do it again .decades later..it is similar but never the same .

And should be best left a memory .

Edited by cardrona
  • Upvote 1