Australian/Oceania Heirloom Cannabis strains

Hi I'm Snow a Organic Outdoor Medical grower.

Hi I'm looking to find out more about what local varieties some of you might have been growing for awhile. You have an awesome climate for cannabis, and I really think it would be cool to hear about some of the stuff you guys toke on and treasure which isn't hyped based cookie cutter Cannabis Seed bank stuff.

I would be happy to show some of my outdoor grows with you guys. I love sativas/equatorial cannabis strains and I have grown a lot of them. Though my Australian cannabis knowledge is zero other from what I've read.

I've heard of RedMan Madness and Redman Skunk

Mullumbiny Madness

Boesi

I'm also interested in knowing about the out lineing areas of Pau Pau New Guinea, as I've heard a lot of good stuff back in the day regarding Fets 303 when he was doing the Spice Bros thing.

Thanks for your time in reading this and I look forward to speaking to anyone which would like to chat, thanks again.

Snow

post-43181-0-68167500-1356849203_thumb.jpg

Edited by Snow

Welcome snow.

Haven't heard Fets name mentioned for years, or The Spice Bros, your going back in time a decade or so there mate. I've grown some of Dmans stuff, actually I think I still have some of his seeds and have chatted briefly with Fet a couple times back when Heather was running Cannagenetics but not heard or followed what he's been up to.

In regards Australian heirloom strains in all honesty you'll be lucky finding anyone experienced enough to have improved on any of the old school strains from South East Asia. In my opinion this is/was due to almost zero breeding selection and instead muddied by mass pollenation from unchecked males and hermaphrodites. I'm not saying they aren't out there but the chances of finding an old school grower/breeder with improved old school genetics are slim.

post-11113-0-07634400-1324322070_thumb.jpg post-11113-0-29927100-1324322117_thumb.jpg

I've posted these pics a few times, but just want to make use of them again. It's a friend's grow from the Sunshine Coast area of Qld. He grows from the same seed every year with the seed stock being replenished every 2-3-4 years by fuck-ups from not pulling males lol hardly a dedicated breeding programme. This is the sort of problem I'm talking about...

Plants are healthy enough, quite vigorous, high % sativas with a fair smash of Skunk all muddled in together but in all honesty the smoke/high just isn't what it should be, and I blame his shit breeding/seed selection as the cause. He won't like me for saying that but it's the bloody truth lol

MongyMan has fiddled about with his Mongy Madness strain over the years too, I won't try regurgitate that info but by all means do a search here and have a read about it.

Red Devil is decent if you can find a cutting.

Mullumbimby Madness? Depends who you talk to, personally I don't think it ever existed and has more to do with the Nimbin/Mullumbimby area in general, back when big sativas were the only plants grown... Skunk changed everything mid 80's

That's my 2 cents

:bongon:

• Upvote 5

Mullumbimby Madness? Depends who you talk to, personally I don't think it ever existed and has more to do with the Nimbin/Mullumbimby area in general, back when big sativas were the only plants grown... Skunk changed everything mid 80's

That's my 2 cents

:bongon:

Hey Snow,

Only a noob around here mate but I did grow Mullumbimby Madness here in New South Wales from 1981 - 1987. The seeds were passed on to me by a friend who was a member of a group of hippies from Sydney that called themselves " The Family ", Some members of the family had moved up to the Mullumbimby area and some to Elands around the Taree area. The plants were over 9 feet tall, my plots were in a high rainfall area and I only hand watered at planting time and when pruning, so the yield would have been a lot better if I regularly watered I suppose, I used to harvest on average about 3ibs. per plant,but in those days everything was thrown in, heads,leaf, stems the lot.

Nothing like the photos I have seen on the site of this guy running around with a wheelbarrow whose plant yielded 6 lbs.

I had a break from weed for 24 years and it was not until I joined Ozstoners 12 months ago that I read that MM was a hybrid and a haze for which Shanti is laying claim to have bred. Previous to this for almost 30 years I was under the impression that it was a landrace,The problem I have is that over 6 seasons of growing this strain every plant grew true to the mother with little variation, no different phenotypes ! Going by the dates I have read concerning MM as a hybrid there was not enough time for it to be stabilized between it's inception and my growing.Some of the leaf formations were only 3 pronged with serated edges, these appeared on every plant.

I have had a discussion with Mongy in the chat room where we made comparisons and he reckons that it could have been the same as the MM he was talking about, :doh:

I have come to the conclusion that what was passed on to me as MM was a very potent polyploid Thai strain quite likely OMS.

All the very best in your pusuit of " the holy Grail " cheering you on,

sharpie

Edited by sharpie
  • Upvote 1

You guys are awesome, sorry it's taken me close to a year to respond. I got really sick and in all actuality I'm

Still sick but can't keep me from doing what I love.

I'll be back with some pics of some of my plants and I'll speak more about your guys thoughts on the matter. Thanks again for taking the time to answer my questions.

Snow

hi snow, just a little curious. are you the SNOW of snowhigh seeds?

if so im a huge fan.

i couldnt really help with any info in this, as far as i know most of these strains are pretty much lost or never existed and were just big thais brought over to oz by soldiers and travelers.

its all heresay and rumours though.

Kangativa would have been the guy to talk to but last i heard he had been busted. from what i have heard he was pretty close with nevil so who knows he may know something, in fact isnt he breeding with MM?