Persistant nutrient problem(please help)

EDIT: Looks like Lime can take a long time to take effect. By the look of the plant, i need a quicker fix. I have Epsom salts here?

Epsom salts (magnesium sulphate) is acidic, so not something to add to raise pH. A more suitable product would be Eco-Flo Dolomite, here is some info - http://www.productivegardens.com.au/eco-flo-dolomite-500ml/ and it is also available at Bunnings.

Would it be possible for you take another picture of the plant's growing tips... it would be good to see what the new growth looks like now.

10-4 on the Epsom salts!

So my problem probably is showing as a magnesium problem but thats due to nutrient lockout and not an actual mag deficiency right?

I poured 12L of tap water through the pot this morning and it rained for 3 hours this evening so that should be a good start on flushing it right? How much more might it need?

Should i start flushing it with some form of nutrients? If so, what would suggestions be for something from Big W or similar? The nearest bunnings is 40km away and i will be near a Big W tomorrow.

RE: Photo

I'll get one up tomorrow :)

Flushed with another 12L today and then watered with a mild trace elements solution till it ran out the bottom. I also grabbed a bag of potash as people say it is worth having around. Have not done anything with that yet though.

One thing i have noticed is that the plant only produces 3 fingered leaves now that the problem has completely set in. Does this say anything?

I might be imagining things but i think it might be starting to look a bit better?

Pics of most recent veg...

post-49782-0-62788100-1356755936_thumb.jpg

post-49782-0-45887400-1356755972_thumb.jpg

Yeah, I would agree, the new growth does look pretty good... in the photos at least. I'd keep a close eye on it, unless the new growth starts developing the same problem, it's probably time to leave it alone and let the pot dry off for a while.

The number of blades on the leaves has nothing to with the pH/trace element problem.

All the best, lou :gardening:

Ive had the same problem in the past thinking I could do it without a Ph/ec meter in dwc. Very stunted growth, very slow root growth which resulted in the little guys showing signs of nute lockout. Fixed it with a flush, New res, Epsom salts and top fed every second day. Took about a week to get back on track but all good after that.

Hey guys!

I just wanted to thank everyone for their input, even the troll lol.

Things are looking pretty good here again. New growth is healthy. The lower half of the plant seems to have stalled but i have backups.

When things looked bad for the above mentioned lady, i germinated a few extra's Justin case.

Rather than post any pics in here, i have decided to grow a pair and start a minor grow diary. Not the type where i do daily seedling updates but more of a "this is what i have got going on" type of diary. Posting maybe oce a week or every couple of weeks.

Anyway.... Thanks again guys and gals :)

• Upvote 2