Grasshoppers

Just made my own, and good to know re soap.

You know I just had a look, about 12 hours later and maybe I'm imagaining, but the leaves look healthier, a nicer colour and standing strong and proud, even after a 35 degree day.

Anyway, thanks for the help, means a lot. I Really appreciate your style in growing, keeping as natural as possible, and respecting other living things in the soil and in the air etc.

My paper wasps are going well, haha, saw one on one of the ground plants today having a rest, been stung three times now, still live the little buggers.

• Upvote 1

weekly IPM sprays all have silica & aloe & i like neem , unless you have a prob then you might spray more often 

neem wk1 , garlic & rosemary wk2 , back to neem wk3 & a forth like a peppermint or thyme oil or some other DIY concoction 

then start again , i find neem is the only consistent one you can spray without bugs getting immune 

mix it up , don't spray the same thing each week 

one last thing , might be a little to organic for ya but when buying ingredients for pest spray making 

i would tend to spend a bit more on buying organic or even better grow your own organically 

& keep ya money in ya pocket ,

the benefits of using things like garlic are only going work as good as they were grown ,

people talk about more complex flav & smell with organic canna , no diff with fruit & veg 

is it OK/beneficial to use silica/aloe when in flower?

if so, how soon would you stop before harvest?

we talkin soil drench right & not foliar spraying 

aloe would have no probs alway to the end 

silica i think is the same but prob a waste in the last couple weeks

& aloe the same in the last week

In soil we have no need to flush but there is a point where you get no more

benefit in the last 1 or 2 weeks depending on how many waterings 

daily waterings = plain water for the last week 

if watering every second or third day = plain water for the last 2 weeks  

i go about a week or so B4 harvest but still continue using EM-1 in small

amounts every second watering till the end