Spider Mites?

Some of the leaves on the lower half of this plant have gone pale with white spots. I took a photo of the most severe area and noticed little red things on there, are these spider mites? and would they be the cause of the pale/spotty leaves or would it be coupled with some kind of nutrient deficiency?

Thanks

post-47543-0-21920600-1355795369_thumb.jpg

post-47543-0-35041500-1355795383_thumb.jpg

Yup they Red spotted spider-mite, go to hydro store NOW... get Miterid, mix it up speay the grow area, plants all over, even undersides of leaves, then Drench pot as well, repeat in 3-4 days, then again in a week, should smash em good. We all hate the Borg, that shit will kill em, unlike some homemade remidies, which I'm sure they drink and get fatter. lol Peace. Nibbler
  • Upvote 4

Never seen the adults that active before. Usually I find them doing laps of the top of the pot.

I check for them every time I water. If found I use eco oil. Or Neem or if real bad. Nite nite spider mite. Got it from a Vietnamese hydr shop owner in St Albans Vic. Part of the cannabis triangle. It says safe on the bottle to use in flower but I do not use it then as the first spray works a treat. I think it could double as paint stripper.

If you can get them earlier than your problem, it is easier to control or eliminate them. Miterid is pretty potent as well.

You have to really soak the whole plant as nibbs wrote. Underside of leaves most important, cos thats where they mainly live.

read the instructions first razz. You could be washing the killing effect off.

Thanks brick..it doesn't have any instructions other than the dilution ratio..I think they must make it themselves :/

I guess I'll take my chances and do the water thing about a week after the 2nd application to kill the eggs.

I'm a little worried about the smell though, it smells exactly like the stuff the carpet cleaners use to use at my old work..

• Upvote 1

Soapy water will just give them a shower.  When the borg hit they've made a declaration of war against both you and your plants and should be treated as such.  You need to show you surpiority by killing the men, women, children and their unborn.  You can't show any mercy and you sure as shit shouldn't give them a shower and lube the area up as they already breed too fast lol

• Upvote 1