• Register Now!
Grass Outdoors Shade Purple Orange Blueberry Watermelon Apple Banana Strawberry Chocolate
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community. - Login to remove this message
Glandore Hydroponic Nutrients, Lights and Equipment
Barneys Farm Cannabis Seeds

Photo

NSW parliamentary inquiry into medical cannabis - due Feb 15

* * * * * 3 votes

• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

mjbarratt

mjbarratt

Researching Cannabis

• Researchers
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Recreational
  • Fav. Heads:None

Postal submissions can also be made to:

The Director
General Purpose Standing Committee No. 4
Parliament House
Macquarie St
Sydney NSW 2000

So if someone from here organised a postcard campaign like some of the others I've seen, perhaps it would work? I don't know how it done myself, but I've certainly signed a few such campaigns over the years and it does make it easier for people.

Maybe someone else with better knowledge of NSW processes would know more?

Say thanks with some bits:  bc1q2u6zm8fvmf9n6zv0kdtq0gsvhjfhdcysfss94j  (BTC Only)

ichykoo

ichykoo

Planted

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 14 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Medicinal
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads)
  • Fav. Heads:100% Organic
  • Fav. Lighting: sun
Does any one know of a political organisation who is pro mj reform?

MongyMan

MongyMan

Cannabis Research Breeder

• Moderator Crew
  • 3732 Posts:
  • Interests:Cannabis Genetics and Breeding
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads), Hashish, Oil Concentrates
  • Fav. Lighting: HID and the Sun

The hemp party

The sex party

The greens (sort of)

Labour atm as this thread shows

gallery_7617_565_5131.jpg

"Cannabis Prohibition Laws Only Cultivate Organised Crime"

"Don't let fear hold you back, Stand up for your beliefs if you believe Cannabis improves your health." Daryl D

I Support

Cannabis Compassion Australia

Putting Patients Before Profit

Cannabis was called Cannabis when Australia was founded. Marijuana was a mexican word unknown in Australia until American Reefer Madness arrived.

gallery_7617_360_6824.jpg

The Bush Administration

The Bush Administration

Just Sprouting

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 Posts:
  • Fav. Type:Oil Concentrates

Don't get your hopes up. There is absolutely no way in the world that politicians in NSW or any other Australian state would legalise, even under the "medicinal" moniker that is in such great circulation now in the states. The only way they would HAVE TO LEGALISE is if there was a referendum. The very sad thing is that if there was a referendum tomorrow it would certainly be a majority YES to legalisation. But how do you get a referendum to happen? The referendum is supposed to be a pillar of democracy but i cant even remember when we had one last time... i know from studying history that there was one in 1969 or something like that... 

WE NEED A REEFERENDUM!!!

Does anybody know more about the political process than me? What do we have to do to get a referendum to happen? 

Or did they sneak in some new laws when the olympics happened that make it impossible to have referendums any more? 

Btw, as for the whole "medicinal" thing, whenever somebody uses cannabis it is having a medicinal effect. Therefore, all use of cannabis is medicinal. It is in greatest need for people who suffer from ailments, but people who wish to medicate preventatively should not be discriminated against in "medicinal" cannabis legalisation.

louise

louise

tweet tweet tweet

• Members
  • 5560 Posts:
  • Interests:weed, wimmyn and song...
  • Cannabis Use:Rec. & Medicinal

Historically, Australians behave conservatively when it comes to voting on a referendum. Of the 44 questions have been brought to the public in referenda since federation... only 8 gained enough yes votes to be carried. The one you are remembering from "history" is the 'aboriginals question' (the classic "should aboriginals be counted amongst the population?") from the 1967 referendum which carried with a whopping great 90% yes vote.

Since then, there were national referenda held during 1973, 74, 77, 84, 88, and 1999.

You'll find plenty of information on the process at the AEC http://www.aec.gov.a...ns/referendums/

Edited by louise, 07 February 2013 - 12:47 PM.

The poor have to labour in the face of the majestic equality of the law, which forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread. ~ Analote France

The Bush Administration

The Bush Administration

Just Sprouting

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 Posts:
  • Fav. Type:Oil Concentrates
Thanks for the link Louise. Yeah so i checked out a bit on the topic, and yeah kinda what i expected, typical of the democracy lite version we are burdened with here in Australia. There is absolutely no way that members of the public can band together and get a referendum, or plebiscite as they are also know, to happen. Unlike other democratic countries such as the USA where their system allows citizens to petition for a referendum to happen, in Australia we have no such right.
Therefore, there is absolutely no chance whatsoever of even one Australian state legalising, let alone the domino effect they are having in the states, through a referendum/plebiscite unless elected members of parliament decide to have one. This knowledge has now somewhat dampened my enthusiasm on the prospect of legalisation through referendum, like what has been going on in the states.
It will be interesting to see what happens with this review thing they are doing, but somehow i dont think that any of the elected members are going to suggest we have a plebiscite in nsw as a result of this review.

The Stoned Jester

The Stoned Jester

The one, the only - The Stoned Jester.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1975 Posts:
  • Fav. Heads:Bio-Organic
  • Fav. Lighting: 80w Philips CFL

bout time lets hope something actually happens

gallery_40304_1204_35607.jpg

Have you ever noticed the most dangerous thing about cannabis is getting caught by the police with it?

"When the legal side effects of a substance cause more harm to a person than the side effects of the substance itself we have an injustice." - Jimmy Carter

:plant: "Who says stoner's aren't creative? - Give them weed and nothing to smoke it out of, and they turn into fucking Macgyver" :plant:

CURRENT GROW - https://cannabis.com...-grow-c99-x-hk/

PREVIOUS GROWhttps://cannabis.com...3-jesters-grow/
PREVIOUS GROW - https://cannabis.com...00w-drobe-grow/

PREVIOUS GROW - https://cannabis.com...vil-experiment/

PREVIOUS GROW - https://cannabis.com...k1-x-blueberry/
PREVIOUS GROW - https://cannabis.com...er-grows-again/

READ THE RULES!

WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community.

Naycha

Naycha

Mung Bean Farmer

• 420 Crew
  • 6242 Posts:
  • Interests:Quality
  • Fav. Heads:"Hydroponic"

bout time lets hope something actually happens

I hope people are writing their own submissions rather than relying on enough other people writing submissions (not aimed at you Jester). Without a lot of public support I don't expect much positive to happen.

Naycha :peace:

mjbarratt

mjbarratt

Researching Cannabis

• Researchers
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Recreational

We have submitted ours. As those of you who have submitted would be aware, the inquiry forbids people from publishing their submissions. Not my preferred option but we will be complying. Hopefully they will publish it soon after submissions close so we can show it to you.

In the end we went with a brief submission and an invitation to expand on our research in person in March.

Ozpicious

Ozpicious

Founder

• Admin
  • 1951 Posts:
  • Interests:Cannabis, Space, Computers, Fighter Fish, Wildlife, Nature...
  • Cannabis Use:Rec. & Medicinal
  • Fav. Heads:Bio-Organic
  • Fav. Lighting: Adjust-a-wing Hellion 6-750w w/Pro Grow 300W LED FS
  • Fav. Nutrients:Holistic Hydroponics
    CYCO
    Hy-Gen
    Green Planet
    Natures Own

Not sure if it's been said already but I was talking to someone who was under the impression you have to be a user of medical cannabis to make a submission. This is not the case at all as submissions are open to everyone. A submission can be anything from an essay with facts and references or simply a few paragraphs with your personal opinions on why you think cannabis should be available for medical use. ;)

ozsig.png

Barneys Farm Cannabis Seeds
Glandore Hydroponic Nutrients, Lights and Equipment
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community.