droopy leaves - limp fan leaves

Hi all,

One of my plants has some droopy leaves. But I water every 3-4 days when the first 15mm or sp of the coco goes dry.

So I wouldnt think I am either over or under watering my plants.

What else could cause this ? My fan isn't doing a great Job to move the air around but plants in previous grows didn't show these signs.

post-48078-0-09966800-1354502699_thumb.jpg

Hi oldman67 :peace:

Just brainstorming here w/ya bro. Maybe let 'em dry right out? Are you using any root additive at all? How much are they eating-hungry?

It probably could be one of these but I think it might be that the pots may be getting too hot. You mentioned you fan wasn't going that well. I went to Bunters and got one of these:

http://www.bunnings....ubType=products

and blast it over the pots n roots. My closet has got to 33 once w/o the 'turbo' and they went pretty droopy. They get blown to all fuck if I don't get the angle right though lol Maybe just narrow it down. Tweak the things that are least disruptive to the plants first and pick your way through? I don't think I will veg in the closet in summer again myself lol but it keeps ya on your toes. Let em know how much happiness they are giving you too, they need the love man.

Peace always. v :sun:

*Oh, that fan can be a little vibratey-noisey...gotta do somethin about that one day lol

Edited by Vinno

Thanks vinno - you might be on the money about the pot getting hot.

In the late afternoon the temp gets up to 33 for about an hour then drops down as it gets dark outdoors.

The plant that is droopy is furthest away from the fan :P so that could be it.

I'll move the fan around to spread out the air better, and see if that helps the situation, next step I will paint the pot white and see if that reflects the heat away too.

Thanks again

Imo i think it is pretty hard to overwater coco when hand feeding . If pots are light feed if not let em go .

coco drains so well you would have to give multiple feeds daily to overwater .

To me the plant looks a little hungry but i dont think that would cause the leaves to droop .

How does the other plant look and which strain droops ?

Imo i think it is pretty hard to overwater coco when hand feeding . If pots are light feed if not let em go .

coco drains so well you would have to give multiple feeds daily to overwater .

To me the plant looks a little hungry but i dont think that would cause the leaves to droop .

How does the other plant look and which strain droops ?

Pretty easy to overwater with coco... folk round here been doing it successfully for years lol

That pic looks wet as a shag to me Oldman. The secret to coco is little and often, failing that you get near no air at the roots or the plant goes from boom to bogdown bust. Classic symptoms of which I`m seeing above.

JAIKAI

I have just been through this, my first reaction was same as you, heat. but after checking temps I figured that wasn't the problem.

Scarab fly / Fungus gnats was my next thought, it only takes a couple of small flys that you wouldn't notice to lay a couple of hundred eggs, the larvae eat the roots but don't turn into flys until around two weeks, by that time they have chewed through all your roots and the plants are close to being cactus. Mine looked the same as the one in your photo.

To get rid of them you spray a product called Scarid 10 thoroughly around the top of the soil at a rate of 1/2mil per litre. Don't water for a day or so which lets the spray seep through the media, then water lightly. The info provided for rates is pretty ambiguous but after searching around I recommend that rate. Hyrdo shops sell Scarid 10 for around $20.

Folair feed the plants for a few days while the roots re-establish themselves, they should show a big improvement in about a week.

Mine have come back so I think its worth your while doing the same, good luck with it.

Some recommend fly traps and other organic remedy's but they won't work, you have to concentrate on the larvae not the flys.

Pretty easy to overwater with coco... folk round here been doing it successfully for years lol

lol fair enough man .

I just thought it would be pretty hard to fuck up if you followed the info on the this site and use the lift method .

Basically .Aim for 20%ish run off and when the pot is light, water again ..rinse and repeat.

And if you live in hot area and are trying to grow during summer with out air con you are probably wasting time cause if heat is your issue you have 3 more months of it at .

Gday, had big probs with fungus gnats coupla grows ago. -biggest lil pricks in the world lol, and they just love coco.you'll know if you've got them cos yal see lil black flying things leave the medium and fly around when you water or by gently scratching the top inch of the medium searching for them without disturbing roots.. As Cyclops said, they'll eat the crap outta your root system. twas this reason that got me to change to a perlite/vermiculite medium.

Bloody hot today. predicted to be over 38. cloning/seedling box at 32 at 6 this morning. decided the seedlings/pre-vegers can go outside through the daylight ours at least till this heatwave dissipates a lil :)

Hi there Olman 67. nice to meet you. Out of curiosity,. How often are you flushing and what's your nutes schedule?

Dizzy