Finely my nuts arrived on Saturday :egyptdance: , bought x 8 autofem Northern lights after some heavy research from my mates back in the UK. I have 5 weeks until max daylight of 15 hrs 32 mins so it needs to get as big as it can in that time . I soaked them from Saturday and they are now at home (2 of them) in a 50 ltr pot. Its a mix of soil, tomato compost and organic compost all about 33% mix. Its to be hot the next couple of days so i will keep it in the shade for a while, and move it out when i think they can handle the sun.

Munchy

post-49371-0-65380000-1353308391_thumb.jpg

Finely my nuts arrived on Saturday :egyptdance: , bought x 8 autofem Northern lights after some heavy research from my mates back in the UK. I have 5 weeks until max daylight of 15 hrs 32 mins so it needs to get as big as it can in that time . I soaked them from Saturday and they are now at home (2 of them) in a 50 ltr pot. Its a mix of soil, tomato compost and organic compost all about 33% mix. Its to be hot the next couple of days so i will keep it in the shade for a while, and move it out when i think they can handle the sun.

Munchy

lol...lol they are Auto's...lol you have a lot longer than Five(5) weeks lol

"V"

So you did all this research and spent a small fortune on seeds only to put them in shitty potting mix and keep them in the shade!

Good luck with that...The only soil grows I've seen that work are blokes & Girls here that mix there own soil mix.

All that shitty bark is a dead give away for a total crap environment for that $20 seed to sit in.

Here is a good soil mix I found on the net....It's probably more expensive than Coco, but at least you know it will work

mainly becuse it will have the right drainage and more importantly, the correct P.H. level.

8 large bags of a high-quality organic potting soil with coco fiber and mycorrhizae (i.e., your base soil)

25 to 50 lbs of organic worm castings

5 lbs steamed bone meal

5 lbs Bloom bat guano

5 lbs blood meal

3 lbs rock phosphate

¾ cup Epson salts

½ cup sweet lime (dolomite)

½ cup azomite (trace elements)

2 tbsp powdered humic acid

Edited by buzzo
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Thanks for the advice on the potting mix, could have done with that before i planted. as for keeping them in the shade, if i put them in direct sun they would burn up as it has been in the high 30's and a couple over 40*C, so when they get the sun it is first thing in the morning until about 9 ish and then again from 5 ish to dusk.

This is my first out door grow so i live and learn , hopefully quickly

@ VOSTOK how do you mean i have more than 5 weeks?

thanks again Munchy

She'll be right ! They love sun, just chuck some mulch or something to keep moisture in, and try to block direct sun off the pot so the roots dont cook... Just remember they are "weeds" and grow like em if not overcared for..

V just trying to get his post count up without reading... I know what ya mean...

Grow on and good luck..

There are a lot easier ways to get ones count up....!

Lets put this in a simple frame....Munchy has germed 2 auto feminized Northern lights, thats indica- ruderalis cross, if I remember, and you intend to veg till the summer solstice,

However from my own experience with ruderalis cross, they do what they want, when they want, thats why they call them auto's....lol

I doubt very much if you'll need such a big container 33 litres is what I've used, as the cross can be quite short and stumpy,

Indeed Autos can and do flower anytime, I've never been able to put a proper plan in with these plants yet, some autos go to flower far too soon whilst other take ages,

I can only guess, its a percentage thing, should a plant be 30/70 indica, then it will flower later....30/70 autos may flower in as little as 2-3 weeks,

I'm saying get ready for anything, and get ready to ADAPT your plans

But whatever you do keep this post open and keep us informed

peace

"V"

Thanks for the advice on the potting mix, could have done with that before i planted

That's why we have cannaversity in here. Or ask questions.

Most of the potting mix you get retail these days is full of wood. Dead wood that has no usefull purpose in potting mixes, other than to take up room and add weight.