LST suggestions/help

hey guys so i just thought id throw some pics up of my first LST grow in another country. The pics are taken outside but its an indoor grow, although in the very beginning i was growing them outside but then decided to move them indoors. and the next pics of them are outside because of a flush i was doing and thought might as well get some pics...

Ok so since this is my first lst grow im not to sure what to think of them, one of them is doing much better than the others and it might be a week older than the others so thats why the difference in size. but i have been growing these 3 sativas(exact strain unknown) for about 3 and half months! iv also been tipping them every now an then. (keep in mind my first thoughts on doing this was to make them as small and bushy as possible) so i had thought that doing LST and tipping them would slow down the growth a little bit but i didnt realize they would still be this small after so long.

they are in a cupboard plenty of space with appropriate lights and flat white wall paint and fans and iv got the lights on 18/6

the soil is just average potting mix i picked up that was meant for tomatoes so could that have an effect?

also i didnt sterilize my pots before adding the mix, an iv read that, that could mess with the plant?..

any suggestions or help would be sahweeeet!

also iv been pondering a lot on buying a grow tent and nutes and all, should i scarp these...time isnt really an issue but i wouldve liked to watch these blossom!

post-14997-0-80154300-1352116058_thumb.jpg

post-14997-0-42872500-1352116090_thumb.jpg

these next to are the same just diff angles for judgment

post-14997-0-05890200-1352116125_thumb.jpg

post-14997-0-88791300-1352116174_thumb.jpg

post-14997-0-99033500-1352116214_thumb.jpg

Theres another plant but i didnt take its picture and its doing much worse than the others and may be removed depending on how she goes so if she bounces back ill send a pic.

Cheers iv been looking through one of his big grows and watching how's he's done LST, it's different to the way I'm doing so I'll have to start a couple of new grows his way!

But are there any other suggestions on what I could be doing for the plants? They just seem to be gowing really slow..

(also notice smashed1 is using indica, and mine are full sativa)

Another main problem is that I was expecting more tops to come up from the undergrowth (side branches) but only a few are coming up..

So now it's got me thinking maybe I should wait a little longer for a few more tops then just put her straight into 12/12 just to see if she's female an try an get some buds out of her then start again.. What do yall think?

Also planned on scroging them but it's just taking to long...

Edited by billyko

Your largest plant stem seems really well established, but the growth doesn't really match it.

Here is an out door sativa that i have been training, i think you need to give it some more time and maybe some more nute's to promote growth.

How often are you watering aswell? i only water every 2-3 days depending on how hot/ intense the sun has been. I make sure the first 2 inches of soil is dry and when i water there is run off down the bottom.

Im using chron's super juice (an organic fert mix) that plants just go crazy for.

https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners.com/topic/18469-chrons-super-sauce/page__hl__+super%20+juice?do=findComment&comment=183146

good luck hope that helps

post-49211-0-99813800-1352168472_thumb.jpg

Cheers yours looks pretty shmick!! why not meeeeee!?!?

I don't understand what you mean by the growth not matching..I have an idea but how els can I promote the growth?

Yea watering every 2-4 days depending on how dry/wet they look, and as for giving them more time..I thought they've had plenty of time so far just have little to show for it which is a huge problem for me..maybe iv messed them up an should scarp an start again??

How old is your plant in that pic?

Iv just pulled down 2 of the side branches to try an promote more tops of their side branches, should I have done this? Knowing its going to take even longer for her to grow, or should I untie them let them be tops and just put her into 12/12? Get her over an done with?

Just tomato's vinno, there good as companion plants because pests will mostly attack them first giving me a heads up to take action. Plus they provide a bit of camo

billko mine is 6 weeks old,

It's up to u mate, i mean that your main stem is thicker then my plant but mine has more leafy grow then yours. It seems like yours may of been shocked at some point in it's life and stunted it's growth.

I just took a closer look at your pictures and i would say that your problems would be that soil your using. What is it?

Your best options in my opinion put the plants into 12/12 soon as you see if there male or female. Take clone cuttings from the female and go get yourself (canna CoCo) or at the least get premium potting mix not the cheap stuff. Then reveg them back under 18/6 and start again with known females in a quality medium

A plants growth has allot to do with what medium it grows in, that's why DWC does so well.

You could try to do everything to make these plants grow but if the medium there growing in is sub par it will be like pushing shit up hill.

If you can afford coco/nutes and a ph pen go that route you will be amazed at the results.

As to pulling the plant down it does nothing to stun its growth that why we call it low stress training compared to tipping a plant where it has to stop and repair itself.

Here is a link to nibblers coco tute take a read

https://cannabis.com...nd-get-growing/

Edited by judgefudge1

Yea sorry I meant to say ill pull it down and then tip..

And as for everything els..your 100% correct, the only reason I didn't go to too much effort with the nutes and soil was because all the same materials had been used before for an earlier grow which ended up looking great but turned out to be males...only difference this time is the LST, but everything you just said has been on my mind thinking its the cause of the slow growth..so cheers! And hopefully next couple of posts will be better with everything going smoothly!