• Register Now!
Grass Outdoors Shade Purple Orange Blueberry Watermelon Apple Banana Strawberry Chocolate
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community. - Login to remove this message
Mars Hydro Store - LED Lighting and Grow Tents - Hydroponics
Sol-Sense 315W Smart LEC Digital Ballst

Photo

52L pots

- - - - - Pot Socks Pot Grid Insert Large Pot Coco

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

El Gato

El Gato

Couch Locked

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1405 Posts:
  • Interests:Cannabis & Cannabis products
  • Cannabis Use:Rec. & Medicinal
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads)
  • Fav. Heads:Bio-Organic
  • Fav. Lighting: 600W
Hi all I have had a few questions reguarding the pots I use, so I decided since the tent is empty and pots too I would take some photos for all to see.

I got these pots from me local hydro shop. I havent seen them around on the net, sure they are there, haven't really looked. Cost me about $100 for the 3 pots, 3 grid inserts, 3 stands & 3 pot socks. Running this system elininates the need for 2 pots by having the grid in the bottom and drain below it. In that space allows a dry area after the run off has passed through for all the benificial bacteria and goodies like that to brew and receive oxygen aswell as the roots. Run off and roots easily pass through the mesh at the bottom of the bags allowing for awesome drainage. All run off then passes through the bottom down some hose (the pots are in series) and into a drain. The only downside is I cant move them. They weigh close to 50kgs when a plants in them, there for I can raise them closer to the light for an even canopy or pull them out of the tent for a photo shoot.

I got a 3000L rainwater tank hooked up so water for nutes and flushing is never far away. I can pump a few hundred litres of water through a night when flushing no worries at all.

Attached File  IMG_20121029_142049.jpg   300.8K   12 downloads All 4 componants
Attached File  IMG_20121029_142119.jpg   365.75K   13 downloads Pot grid insert
Attached File  IMG_20121029_142252.jpg   237.31K   13 downloads Looking through pot sock at mesh bottom
Attached File  IMG_20121029_142403.jpg   300.77K   11 downloads Height/size of the pot stand
Attached File  IMG_20121029_142414.jpg   247.76K   13 downloads Pot stand upside down to show drain cut-outs
Attached File  IMG_20121029_142428.jpg   221.92K   13 downloads Bottom of pot and its drain outlet
Attached File  IMG_20121029_142444.jpg   208.05K   10 downloads Pot on stand
Attached File  IMG_20121029_142459.jpg   240.94K   7 downloads Inside pot with grid insert
Attached File  IMG_20121029_142511.jpg   135.21K   7 downloads Close-up of grid insert
Attached File  IMG_20121029_142620.jpg   285.48K   7 downloads Inside compleat pot set-up

Attached File  IMG_20121029_142631.jpg   239.28K   5 downloads Outside look at pot set-up

Say thanks with some bits:  1Ed71abMUAJ3q3XBQzYzSzJRydR58kKeT1

Ferrethead

Ferrethead

Flowering

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 Posts:
  • Interests:Guitar......guitar and guitar. I play religiously.....

For now my interests are producing high quality smoke and to longer deal with dealers......self supply is my aim.
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads), Hashish
  • Fav. Lighting: 600W hps
Nice. I've been on the lookout for different pot setups building my grow room.

You think you've got a bit of spare capacity left in the bucket at harvest?

louise

louise

tweet tweet tweet

• Members
  • 5359 Posts:
  • Interests:weed, wimmyn and song...
  • Cannabis Use:None
  • Fav. Heads:None
looks like an excellent pot set up for a single plant scrog in a tent :thumbsup:

The poor have to labour in the face of the majestic equality of the law, which forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread. ~ Analote France

El Gato

El Gato

Couch Locked

• Members
  • 1405 Posts:

looks like an excellent pot set up for a single plant scrog in a tent :thumbsup:

Yeah it is perfect for a scrog set-up as once the screen is inplace nothing gets moved anyway, and yes you can veg them out for ages to fill the screen without worring about getting root bound.

brick

brick

live the dream

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3744 Posts:
  • Interests:PAKALOLO
  • Fav. Lighting: 1x250 MH for veg 1 x 400 watt HPS flower. Mainly the sun.
How easy would it be to unblock the drain, if that did occur? I like them though.
When you arise in the morning, give thanks for the morning light, for your life and strength.
Give thanks for your food and the joy of living.
If you see no reason for giving thanks,
The fault lies in yourself.

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
~ Thomas Jefferson (1743 - 1826)

[/size]

"Anyway i never count on anything until it's in my hand and i've got a good grip of it." d

'A true friend is someone who knows you're
a good egg even if you're a little cracked.'

Man has a poor understanding of life. He mistakes knowledge for wisdom. He tries to unveil the holy secrets of our Father, the Great Spirit.

He attempts to impose his laws and ways on Mother Earth.
Even though he, himself, is a part of nature, he chooses to disregard, and ignore it, for the sake of his own immediate gain.
But the laws of nature are far stronger than those of mankind…

Chief White Cloud. The Circle of life.

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help."' - Former U.S. President,

oldman_67

oldman_67

Curing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 Posts:
Brick, I'd say that's what the sock is for. So only water or really fine things can get through.

Looks like a great setup. Pretty wide too. Not sure if I like how high they sit with the stand tho but depends on ur height restrictions.

brick

brick

live the dream

• Members
  • 3744 Posts:
Cheers 67! They would be pretty good for a bush grow, especially if termites were a problem.

oldman_67

oldman_67

Curing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 Posts:
Not a problem, I wonder if you could use the bottom as a mini reservoir too for a bush grow, by adding an air stone or something :P

El Gato

El Gato

Couch Locked

• Members
  • 1405 Posts:

How easy would it be to unblock the drain, if that did occur? I like them though.

Haven't really had a problem with the roots brick. They do grow through the net, but dont fill the bottom as it's dryish down there. Also there is plenty of media for the roots to have fun with as they are not restricted. The roots attatch themselves to the wall of the sock and grow through. I just chuck them in the washing machine after every grow and hang them in the sun and go again.

brick

brick

live the dream

• Members
  • 3744 Posts:

Haven't really had a problem with the roots brick. They do grow through the net, but dont fill the bottom as it's dryish down there. Also there is plenty of media for the roots to have fun with as they are not restricted. The roots attatch themselves to the wall of the sock and grow through. I just chuck them in the washing machine after every grow and hang them in the sun and go again.

Thanks EG. Do they have a brand name on them? :scratchin:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pot Socks, Pot Grid Insert, Large Pot, Coco

Sol-Sense 315W Sol-Unit LEC Digital Ballst Kit
CYCO Platinum Series Hydroponics Nutrients & Additives
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community.