Quantifying the Clinical Significance of Cannabis Withdrawal - An NCPI

Firstly, just for the record, the original link provided by the OP has absolutely nothing to do with the sativex study.

Anyway Mongyman, I gotta be brutally honest with ya. I really couldn’t care in the slightest way what anyone want’s to “officially label” me as. Cannabis junkie, bong rat, whatever mate.

The comment about going to the doctor to score a cannabis tincture was kinda just a tongue and cheek comment. But having said that, I would jump at the chance to try sativex, why not? It would be a far cleaner way to ingest cannabinoid’s, than smoking some of the chemically drenched shit that gets sold on the streets.

Btw, I hate to knock you from your little illusion back into reality, but this is the most positive thing I have ever seen the NCPIC be involved in, in relation to helping people that have a desire to quit herb.

Cannabis is an amazing plant, which has many medical properties and it is also an incredibly safe drug. We all know this!

But the fact remains, not everyone wants to be a burnt out loser bong rat, like both you and me. There are many people out there who have wasted there life by smoking everyday for many years and as all us heavy cannabis smokers know (whether we want to admit it or not), quitting herb can be an extremely difficult thing to do, after years of abuse.

If the NCPIC wants to stop just simply spreading BS propaganda about how evil the cannabis plant is and actually get off there arse and do something positive to help people with there cannabis habit, then personally I congratulate them.

• Downvote 1

If the NCPIC wants to stop just simply spreading BS propaganda about how evil the cannabis plant is and actually get off there arse and do something positive to help people with there cannabis habit, then personally I congratulate them.

Agreed.....But this situation is far from being that though. Sativex is just a "methadone program" for cannabis. If you think that's a positive thing for cannabis in Australia your living in a dream world jabez. It just confirms what the NCPIC has been saying. That cannabis is an addictive drug with serious withdrawl problems requiring it's own 'cannabis junky program' just like heroin. It just entrenches the public opinion that 'cannabis is bad m'kay'.

If you think you are "a burnt out loser bong rat" thats your issue to deal with jabez. Is it a situation you are happy and comfortable with? Personally if it was me i'd do something about it. I doubt very much I'd need sativex for that though.

It sounds more to me like you're just excited there might be a way you can 'try sativex'. Why not just make some hash oil with ethanol? That's all sativex is. You can make it at home. You dont need the NCPIC or their 'cannabis junkie' sativex program. I'm sure neither yourself or the Australian tax payers need to be paying a UK company to import cannabis which they sell at a higher price than black market cannabis sells for either.

I have to agree with 5150 here...

WOW, jabez, I actually thought you were smart.

• Upvote 3

Totally agree Jabez, it's great to see someone who has an open mind and can see that not everyone wants to smoke cannabis for their entire existence ... same as people give up cigarettes or alcohol.

But the fact remains, not everyone wants to be a burnt out loser bong rat, like both you and me. There are many people out there who have wasted there life by smoking everyday for many years and as all us heavy cannabis smokers know (whether we want to admit it or not), quitting herb can be an extremely difficult thing to do, after years of abuse.

I have family members who say they want to stop smoking cannabis but never seem to get around to it. My son is an example, he started smoking weed when he left home at 17, came back a year later and has been a heavy user ever since (now 25) he hasn't worked for years and spends his life on the computer while pulling cones. He knows the problem but can't make a change.

Withdrawals seem to be more physiological than anything else, I don't have a problem either way, I can drop in and drop out of smoking anytime I want, but I count myself as one of the lucky ones.

Others aren't so lucky and like my son and quite a few of my mates want to give up smoking even for the short term but find they can't.

• Downvote 1

It’s not just that mongy man. It’s a controlled dose of basically 50/50 THC and CBD. Even if you grow your own, you still have very little control over the ratio of cannabinoid’s your getting with each hit.

Anyway, if nothing else a cannabis tincture could help with the habit of reaching for the bong every few minutes (which becomes a habit within itself), which at least would stop people from ripping their lungs apart.

It’s really easy to say just make your own tincture, when your in a position to grow an infinite supply of cannabis. But not everyone is in a position to be able to do that, due to family, space or just fear of getting busted.

I really don’t understand why you would be so passionately against this. If it were synthetic cannabinoid’s they were proposing to use, I’d completely understand.

Seriously, who cares if a pharmaceutical corporation are profiting from it. They’re going to make a profit either way.

It’s not just that mongy man. It’s a controlled dose of basically 50/50 THC and CBD. Even if you grow your own, you still have very little control over the ratio of cannabinoid’s your getting with each hit.

It’s really easy to say just make your own tincture, when your in a position to grow an infinite supply of cannabis. But not everyone is in a position to be able to do that, due to family, space or just fear of getting busted................................

Therefore the problem is prohibition. Allowing a medical company to sell a Cannabis tincture at highly exorbitant prices when it is so easy, safe, and cheap to do so at home, while continuing with prohibition is ridiculous and counter productive.

The Australian government claims to prescribe to a 'harm reduction model'. If this were true people would be able to produce their own Cannabis and Cannabis based medicines and have them tested for Cannabinoid profiles at local laboratories (just one of the many non-Cannabis related businesses that would benefit from non-prohibition).

I could go on, but I'm too stoned at the moment lol

Naycha :peace:

• Upvote 3

I saw the sativex study advertised somewhere and called them instantly. Looking for a way to "try dat shiz fo' free" but they said I had to take time off work and be an inpatient at some facility. Bugger haha

On topic though, I can see all your points. Yeah its hard to quit smoking. I sweat lots... cop irritability, have a short temper, crazy dreams.

Same as quitting anything can mess with ya. Get over it. The way out is the way through.

I certainly don't want a shitload of folks who know nothing about cannabis to start thinking that the stuff is synonymous with heroin.