Greens Party Policies

(Takes deep breath....)

:(

Well, the only way we're going to end up with a Green ;) govt, in the short term anyway (10 yrs or so) is to have a "Red"*/Green coalition of sorts. If, and this is a big if, the Greens somehow manage to win 1 or 2 seats in the lower house federally, then we may see the Labor party use the same trick as the Lib/Nats to gain government. Of course, the Greens are far more likely to get a few more senate seats, (Pinched from the Democrats and Labor, though...), and this is good, but it does not a government make.... If the Liberals lose votes to labor, and labor loses votes to the greens, who will also get a windfall from the self-destruction of the Democrats, and the Nats just lose votes to everyone, (Look at last QLD election....) then we might see a very influential Green bloc in the Senate. This may turn into substantial pressure on the Labor government (Because unless Simon Crean uses an amoeba for a brain,** he's going to win the next federal election) to change tack vis-a-vis Cannabis and other "War On Drugs" policies. This will be a very slow process though, and IMHO, we won't see Federal relaxation of Narcotics laws for a good 3 or 4 federal terms from now, all going well.

State politics is an entirely different matter however.

Western Australia is already feeling the impact of a Greens held Balance-of-Power, with the recent cannabis laws relaxation. We have a long way to go yet, though, and it will take every state government working in complete unison, (A rare occurence) to get major drug law reform seriously considered by the Federal Government. I look forward in hope, but we all have to work together, influencing everyone we know, to vote green and show the nation that Drug Law Reform is a very, very important issue to the people. We need a massive, and I mean F#%$ huge education campaign to go out there and show the people why these drugs are really illegal, how stupid that is, and that the universe will not fall to pieces because someone smokes a cone without fear.

IMHO. :(

*Let's face it, the Labor party are pretty crappy as far as a Workers Party goes...

** Yeah, I know, I know, but he's all that Labor's got! Poor bastards...

Guest Field_of_Light

A vote for the Greens is not a wasted vote!!!!!!!

I agree with one of the earlier posts that while the party might not get into power they ARE able to influence political opinion.

Look at Pauline Hanson.....half her ideas were robbed by the liberals (the other half not worth talking about)

Her party didnt get into power and in the space of 2 years her politcal party changed the way politicians addressed certain issues...

I voted labour in the last election and those fuckers changed the laws on us in South Australia making me a criminal...and for what?...so they can win the next election?...its not for the public good. BUsting people and the amount of court time needed to process all the busted people is more than the fines dished out to the growers/smokers etc.....If you increase the fines the only winners are the bikie gangs that have millions in offshore bank accounts tied up in property

Politics should make sense...but almost always never does....they are not our representatives...they were paid for by the political party that put them into power........

Independant party voting will at least give me a better feeling than knowing that there is no difference between the labour and liberal parties......

Oh yes....I have voted Labour and the Liberals before....next election will be the greens....my protest vote and because I beleive in a fair few more of their policies than either of the other parties policies. We have to protect our environment and our way of life....

Yes Im a cynic and disillusined with the political parties

Guest Field_of_Light

Hers an excerpt from the SA Member for Mawson that arrived in my mail (which incidently has a no junk mail sticker on it - and I still get this crap)

"One of my proudest moments as your local member of Parliament was the bill I tabled ......ensuring zero tolerance for hydroponic cannabis plants...."

He adds in his gloating....

"The problem is amphetamines and cannabis have enormous mental and physical health adversities, which can lead to the breakdown of families, people losing their jobs and even stealing to feed their habit........"

Robert Brokenshire.....MP, JP

Oh yes he also does home visits....do ya think I should have him over?

He very much aligned with a religious party....and they say politics and relgion dont mix......

"The problem is amphetamines and cannabis have enormous mental and physical health adversities, which can lead to the breakdown of families, people losing their jobs and even stealing to feed their habit........"

In 25 years of smoking mj, it has not even got close to causing me any of those problems, but who is worse, the biased politician or the red neck that votes for him/her?

http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/contrib/ruinkai/coolgleamA.gif http://64.207.13.28/mysmilies/otn/glasses/smokin.gif

Guest Field_of_Light

I have seen what the effects are of chronic marijuana use on the human mind, but this I think should be tempered with actually knowing the individuals behaviour before he/she smoked...

Like any drug it affects people differently....some should not smoke (Paranoia, Hyper agression, Schizoid behaviour) being the most prevalent forms of mj intolerance I have seen over the years. Some (in fact a larger percentage of drinkers - Im thinking about 30-40 percent) should not drink to excess or at all. BUt we will never see alcohol under quite the same spotlight

Ifsomeone with schizophrenia gets busted that grows then the media picks up on it as "smoking marijuana causes schizophrenia" and then everyones fucked becuase it gets looked at as a drug which causes mental disorders...which I havent seen. What I have seen is sometimes it can make the situation worse....like any drug can

beer barons get knighthoods and mj growers land in jail...go figure

The media is laced with lies and misconceptions and it isnt going to change :(

Yay for Notgail,

I've always gone by the 'whoever you vote for the government still gets in' sentiment.

The greens are all alternative yuppy scum, sitting back sipping on herbal tea. I say fuck 'em all.

they act like speed is not a serious drug, these cunts obviously haven't left their bamboo houses in Byron Bay for a while.

And on the schizo/pot thing, I have seen so many people get fucked by pot, smoking pot ruins many lives.

Yeah, I'm a negative wanker.

Also why is this place so obsessed about trying to promote political parties, does Oz-Stoner get paid by the greens for that??

I think its likely this site is in kahoots with the greens.

As far as I know I am the only financial member of the Greens here, I am not a yuppie and I can't stand herbal tea. This site isn't politically obsessed, it's just that some of the members have just had an election in their state and have therefore become more aware of the drug reform policies of the individual parties.

And on the schizo/pot thing, I have seen so many people get fucked by pot, smoking pot ruins many lives.

It has also been shown that the research into the effects of mj on people with mental disorders was seriously flawed, and the results were far from the truth.

I think its likely this site is in kahoots with the greens.

I can personally assure you that it isn't and that Oz Stoners receives nothing in the way of payments from the Greens, the Greens are also the only political party in Australia to openly declare where their money comes from and who they pay out to.

It is just good sense to promote and vote for the politicians who are most likely to support your beliefs and needs whether they are green, red, blue or purple.

http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/contrib/ruinkai/coolgleamA.gif http://64.207.13.28/mysmilies/otn/glasses/smokin.gif

sorry tom, that definately wasn't a reference to you.

If someone like you was a pollie up here I'd probably get myself on the electoral role, cos I know you'd be concentrating on the growers rights, not the dealers and the kids they sell it to.

But the way I see it, a vote for the greens is a vote for labour, and I don't like that.

My old man got fucked by the unions.

But I'm wondering your opinion on the speed and ecstasy thing, do you agree with that??