How much green is in your cone?

How much green is in your cone?  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Do you use a bong? Us researchers need a little education!

1. We are hoping to find out more about the weight of the cannabis you pack into a cone.

If you have some scales and feel like taking part in this experiment, pack your cone as you normally would, then remove the contents and weigh it, then put it back in (you know the rest!). (or you could weigh the cone piece empty, then pack cone, weigh full cone, subtract empty weight from full weight... rather than having to repack it!)

NOTE: many people mix cannabis with tobacco. We only want to know the weight of the cannabis, excluding the tobacco.

2. How many 'hits' do you take from one cone?

This one is a bit about terminology - people talk about taking 'hits' from a bong, so I'm wondering if that means a hit per cone, or multiple hits per cone, or whether 'hits' isn't really relevant to you :)

How will this information be used?

- we have collected data based on either grams used or hits, but we are having trouble converting 'hits' into grams. This information will assist us to interpret this data. And also help in constructing more valid surveys in future :)

Thanks again for your generous assistance!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

bit of a tricky one, my scales ain't that accurate only basic kitchen ones but going on the fact that say average 'stick' is between 1g-1.5g (2 if your lucky) and i with my sized cone piece normally get between 10-15 'cones' out of it.

so yeah basic maths gives you between the .1g and .2g as average, also cause every time I pack the bong in don't measure it so its going to vary slightly each time.

depends on how im feeling / how much pain im in as to the size of the cone too, i like to have a big fat one after i get home from work to mellow out then a few smaller ones as the night progresses.

as for 'hits' i call a hit one continuous inhale after lighting up and try to 'pull though' the whole cone

normally take one but if it wont pull though then as many needed to do it, personally i hate leaving ash in the cone piece.

Edited by The Stoned Jester

I like participating in these surveys.....dunno why :pardon:

Anyway when I say hit from the bong it is usually a reference to a cypress hill song ....but some times I use the word hit ...but very rarely

I think hit and hits is more an american colloquialism where as us aussies are more likely to say cone or cones

Weighed a cone for you and it was 0.05g........ giving 20 cones per gram ....and then I slammed it into my bucket and smoked it ...yeah!

Cheers lol Brimstond

bit of a tricky one, my scales ain't that accurate only basic kitchen ones but going on the fact that say average 'stick' is between 1g-1.5g (2 if your lucky) and i with my sized cone piece normally get between 10-15 'cones' out of it.

so yeah basic maths gives you between the .1g and .2g as average, also cause every time I pack the bong in don't measure it so its going to vary slightly each time.

I don't really measure the weight of my cones :/ but I reckon I'd be fairly similar to Jester - got an average size cone piece and his maths seems about right. "Was tempted to click I don't use the term hits" but for the sake of research it's usually 1 - sometimes I do a ghosty too just to use up the remaining smoke left in the bong if I haven't ripped it hard enough.

Brownies. ^_^