first time guerilla grower seeking advice

Hey guys

I've been involved in a couple of outdoor and indoor grows, but was looking to try a proper guerilla grow this year. Now this being my first time my knowlege is minimal and Im keen to try things so any advice will be greatly appreciated. It'd be cool to get this thread to a point where it could be a sufficient resource for other people in my situation.

-The grow will be in a country area of Tasmania, in an area of bush that sees few bushwalkers.

-Im gonna use a yet to be determined salvia/indica cross (suggestions welcome). My plan is to grow a mother plant indoors and go plant a bunch of clones - tips on doing this would be appreciated (i was thinking have a bag full of clones growing in rockwool).

-I was planning on just digging plots in the bush and growing there - although if i cop a convincing enough argument for grow bags i could be persuaded otherwise.

-I was gonna use kelp to enrich the soil - open to cheap alternative suggestions. Is much needed to set up the kind of soil you'd find in a bushy forestesque area.

-In terms of watering I woiuldn't be able to do it that often as I am growing a long way from home. It is pretty damn wet here and last year's summer felt like an extended spring if anything so it shouldnt be a massive problem, but I recently heard about water crystals, how do they work and do people reccomend them? How much water would I want to deliver to them and how? I saw a Jorge Cervantes DVD where he stabbed a whole in a big water container so it would slowly drip to feed them.

-I was going to aim for maybe 20 plants (so maybe try what, 35 clones to start) in 4 different spots, I was going to basically clear the spots I was gonna do it in, I hoped to put up some sort of fence, cause I know of a few people who have had their plants eaten by animals, what sort of animal fortifications do you guys use, i read on here pissing in the area can scare off animals haha

-I was gonna clear out all small shrubs and undergrowth in the area, do most people do this?

-What strategies can be taken to deter insects and parasites? How about mould?

-What tools would I need to take with me to set the area up? I assume a small trough/spade, small secetares, wire & netting to fortify, small axe to fassion wooden stakes from sticks for a fence, small hand saw maybe. What else?

This is all i can think of at the moment - please tell me if Im forgetting something. All help greatly appreciated.

Peace

Im gonna use a yet to be determined salvia/indica cross (suggestions welcome).

I think you mean a sativa/indica cross... salvia is a different plant altogether. As to suggestions... it really depends on what sort of a buzz you prefer... more sativa = more head buzz, more indica = more of a body stone.

That said you will need to look at earlier finishers that have good tolerance to cool, damp conditions. The following are all hybrid strains from the Sensiseeds catalogue that should be suitable for Tasmanian conditions... I have left out most of the skunk strains because they are a bit more susceptible to mould in late flower and I have left out the auto flowering varieties because you plan to clone.

Sativa dominant suggestions:

Mexican Sativa,

Early Pearl,

Jamaican Pearl,

Indica dominant suggestions:

Guerilla's Gusto,

Holland's Hope,

Early Girl,

Early Skunk (this strain is avialable in a feminised version).

I'm sure other members will be able to provide suggestions about strains from other seedbanks.

All the best, lou