Matanuska Tundra

A while back I thought you said "Manatuska Thunder" was the best strain you ever grown but I may have got the name slightly wrong. Well I stumbled on Matanuska Tundra from Sagarmatha Seeds through Heaven's Stairway, UK. Is this the strain you were talking about?

Matanuska Tundra $US 100.00 (£ 53.54)

Indoor/Outdoor

This variety brings back that majestic legendary marijuana from the great Alaskan Northland. Highly recommended by the best fishing and hiking guides in the Matanuska Valley. The buds are huge and solid as Danali "Mt. McKinley" herself. Intense aroma, flavor and potency have combined to form the largest, most dense variety we have had the pleasure of producing thus far. A glacier of THC crystals frosts her colas and packs more power than an ice pack polar bear. Persons prone to altitude sickness should use caution.

Specifications: ~ Type: Indica-Sativa ~ Start Veg: when roots show ~ Flower: 45-50 days ~ Average Height: 0.5-0.75 meter ~ Yield: 350-375 gr./m2 (dried) ~ (10 seeds)

Edited by pipeman

hey pipe

real alaskan matanuska thunderfuck is a biker clone. pure indica i believe.

the good shit boulders got comes from brothers grimm, so it gone now sadly. and yeah it called matanuska thunder, the "fuck" must've been to rude.... for a nice indoor alaskan indica I'd try something with the kodiak gold in it from reeferman, or check cbay for bros grimm F2's,

the matanuska tundra is something different from what ive heard, sagarmartha are shifty folk imo, most of there strains are 50% what they say they are, eg blueberry and flo originate from stolen clones.

the tundra gets OK reviews, but not the raves the thunder from Bros Grimm gets.

So what happened to brothers grimm ???

The only strain you can get of theres through heavens stairway and thats the only place ive found so far is cinderella99

But other strains from them are

apollo11

apollo13

aurorua borelise

california indica

cinderella 99

dtc99

green giant

grimm white shark

grimm white widow

ice princess

white russian

sugar blossoms

sweet skunk

and of course Matanuska THUNDER

The Brothers Grimm are happy to offer this mysterious strain after receiving numerous requests. BG began with a clone obtained from an Alaskan biker who has been growing it for years up north. Mantanuska is a 40/60 Sativa/Indica hybrid, bred for an indoor environment. These plants produce enormous, rock-hard buds with an intensely skunky smell and flavor, not to mention the legendary high.

^^^^^^^^^^^^ thats what brothers grimm wrote about it in the strains guide

MATANUSKA THUNDER

The Brothers Grimm are happy to offer this mysterious strain after receiving numerous requests. BG began with a clone obtained from an Alaskan biker who has been growing it for years up north. Mantanuska is a 40/60 Sativa/Indica hybrid, bred for an indoor environment. These plants produce enormous, rock-hard buds with an intensely skunky smell and flavor, not to mention the legendary high.

Flowering: 8 weeks

Height: 150 cm.

Yield: up to 2 lb/kW

..........................................................................................

Absolutely a magnificient plant to grow,

Bros. Grimm closed down but Spice Brothers at Heavens Stairway have some matanuska thunder crosses. White Cluster sums it up with fagamatha seeds.

http://www.marijuanagenetics.com/brothersgrimm.html

Edited by boulder

Hi guys,

I wish i had stumbled across this thread a while back! I have 2 packs from Sagamartha seedbank of there Matanuska tundra - i have grown the one pack out over the last year, i selected the best mother and went from there.

A few things I will say.

Firstly i ordered reg seeds but so far I have 100% females - no auto flowering traits or hermies all straight girls.

A few different things i have noticed o the strain.

It roots very vigorously, so vigorous in fact that is has what can only be described as small air roots exposed approx an inch above substrate. They are nubby and don't extend into substrate- i have never really experienced this before or perhaps i wasn't as attentive.

The plant is pretty hardy and forgiving, it is a heavy feeder indoors and doesn't have an over powering odour although it's not weak either.

The bud forms are quite large and quite resin laden although no show stopper.

The smoke is a very nice tasting smoke but by no means a knockout artist.

I am on my last grow now of it, i have a small setup of recirc DWC under 2 x 1000k and they are coming along ok - approx 7 weeks to go. I have decided to put it to rest and concentrate on some fresh new strains i have coming along. Namely good ole Ak47 and some Orig Affie was able to get my hands on.

I hope this has been of some help to any considering purchasing the Matanuska tundra from sagarmartha. I think it's worth a go, but its not a KO artist as some would lead you to believe.

Peace✌

WiFi