Thanks guys :)

Maybe we can do some kind of web project at the end of this that shows the closing comments - as a way of showing the world more directly about the views of cannabis growers. And then invite others to provide their comments. This could be incorporated into a results summary of the findings. Just some thoughts for later down the track!

well what do ya know ,we got sent an angel....

thank you for taking the time to ask ,and the patience to listen..

will gladly spread the word..

and yes i would at least look at the link ,if i saw a card... (cannabis prohibition survey) always catches my eye..

and yes i wouldnt mind if my comments were posted ..i think that is a fantastic idea

all the best, Sam

• Upvote 1

Hi Monica, congratulations to you and Simon (and anyone else who helped) on launching the survey :thumbsup:

It is great to see researchers putting the effort in to consult relevant sources before just throwing together a survey. The quality of the survey and relevance of the questions/options reflects the effort that was put in and is a credit to the team who put the survey together.

Thank you for accepting our constructive criticism and suggestions with such aplomb.

Thanks guys :)

Maybe we can do some kind of web project at the end of this that shows the closing comments - as a way of showing the world more directly about the views of cannabis growers. And then invite others to provide their comments. This could be incorporated into a results summary of the findings. Just some thoughts for later down the track!

Sounds like a great idea :)

Naycha :peace:

I was a little suspicious of this when i first heard about the survey ..... (natural suspicion based on past experiences..) .... I have seen many survey's that seem to favour canna actually turn out to be quite the contrary ..... I am looking forward to seeing the results ..... definitely a step in the right direction depending on how the data is collected and then later summarised .... in first year math @ uni its quite obvious that data can be skewed to backup or to continue a previously conceived agenda ..... its not about what data is collected really ... it's about how the data is later cast in stone ... ...... I did submit a response to the questionnaire though ..

peace n pot,

Thanks for all your kind words, esp Samurai, Naycha, puka. Really appreciate it. There is, naturally, a wide range of responses, so it's nice to see some supportive ones as I deal with those who are very suspicious of anything that might have any connection whatsoever to government, even though I've explained that I'm not employed by or for the govt.

At least anyone who is suspicious has the option to cycle through the survey without completing it or answering 'I don't want to answer' if they want to see what it is before completing it.

@SilverSun

So DWC is more of a medium where roots are suspended? Will have to consider that in the results. We were guided very much by Oz Stoners in terms of the garden styles as this was new to us!

@ind00rcultiv8r

I agree that it matters a lot how we report on and use the data. We aim to do so in a way that supports cannabis users and growers. We can also check in with you here at OzStoners when the result are in as to anything we need some help interpreting, which helps make the findings more comprehensive.

We are also part of an international collaborative group of academics which you can check out at http://worldwideweed.nl - so we will have scope to publish widely and do country comparisons. I'm interested to see how Australian growers compare to rest of world, as different countries have such different policies.

We have noticed in preliminary data that the majority of cannabis growers report growing for medicinal reasons. We are looking to add in an item to better understand what illnesses, injuries or conditions people are using cannabis to treat. We also think answers to this question would help in the debate around providing cannabis for medical reasons if we knew a bit more about what people are already doing.

I wondered if any of you were able to comment on whether anything should be added to this draft list:

Multiple Sclerosis

Tourette Syndrome

Eye disease (glaucoma)

Anorexia

Nausea after chemotherapy or radiography

Parkinson's Disease

Chronic pain (e.g., fibromyalgia)

Dependency and withdrawal from other drugs

Inflammation of the joints (arthritis)

Asthma

Depression and other mood disorders

Anxiety disorders

Panic disorders

Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)

Increased blood pressure (hypertension)

• Oz unpinned this topic