Hi MJ,

Thank you for all the work you have done.

I personally would find it very interesting to see some testing done in the future regarding the levels of Paclobutrazol in commercial cannabis on sale in countries where it is still largely a 'Black Market' commodity. As this is one of the most common Plant Growth Regulators used in Large scale Indoor cannabis cultivation ( At least in Australia) where yeild is the only defining factor of a crop (ie grown by crime gangs). It is a dangerous chemical and has not been registered for use with any short term edible crop, let a lone a crop that is purposed for combustion. So yeh, would be very cool if it was possible to test just how prevalent this chemical is within finished commercial products, where indoor cultivated cannabis is largely available year round for example in Victoria.

Cheers

Thanks Frank. I will pass this idea on directly to the research team. Not sure if we have the exact expertise, but others we know will have. It sounds like a public health issue if this stuff is being used on the crops and getting into people's bodies...

+1

Hi MongyMan!

G'day Monica and congrats on your little guy!  Looking forward to the pdf articles and again thanks for you commitment :good:

Faith :sun:

Hi Faith, thanks! The pdf article can be found here: https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners.com/topic/41796-links-to-scientific-peer-reviewed-cannabis-related-research/

• Upvote 4

Hi everyone

Just wanted to give you an update on our project.

At the moment I have been merging datasets from different countries into one - so we can look at country specific differences in cannabis cultivation. Currently we have North America, Belgium, Australia, Finland and Denmark merged, with over 5000 growers represented! Netherlands and Germany are soon to come, but UK and NZ are lagging behind in their data collection, so not sure when they will be included.

As a group, we were accepted to edit a special issue of the International Journal of Drug Policy which will be all about cannabis cultivation - including papers from this data as well as other researchers with projects on this topic. Papers aren't due until 2014 so it's not likely the issue will be published until 2015.

I'll keep you all informed of our progress. Remembering that we could not have achieved this without the support of OZStoners :)

In other news, I'm going to have a baby, due in December, so in a couple of months, I'll be taking some leave... still intend to continue working in this field with the support of my husband and both sets of new grandparents but, naturally, things will be a little bit interrupted over the next couple of years!

Cheers

Monica

Congrats Monica, and yay OZStoners; glad to be a part of it.

• Oz unpinned this topic