not to sure to be honest mate as they ended up getting ripped 4 weeks out from harvest bahahaha lesson learned though lol

might not put em in such an open spot if i ever attempt something simular again ;)

best of luck with your grow mate... all the people on here are a good bunch of stoners and willing to help where they can :)

Sorry to hear, people that don't put in any work don't realize the effort that goes in, or they wouldn't rip. I was looking at a similar grow using coco outdoors in 45 litre green bags and was wondering if you recommend mixing the coco with perlite for outside as this would make it dry out faster, "I'm thinking more watering" Planning on using canna coco for grow and I was going to mix a little hydroton through say about 10 parts coco to one part hydroton. Any advise would be appreciated. Hermy Edited by hermananian

I'd be using a pot or grow bag depending on your soil and conditions there . That way you can still make use of the hole but not have to worry about termites and ants like outlaw sugested. OTher benefits areyou wontbe competing with tree roots or have the surounding soil dry out and suckthe moistureout.

Bunnings sell good deep trays 2" for larger pots aswel land that may buy you an extra day or two. just have an airy medium lining the botom (efectively a krusty bucket).

BUT thist all depends on your "hole" and how thoughtfully you chose the place to dig it. IF you have already done the legwork and found decent soil in near permanent water or know that therl be residual moisture throughout the summer then why not grow in the ground. BE far easier and may yield a betteroutcome. MIxing coco/perlite into a hole may infact be counterproductive.

Just a thought..

Cheers

I'd be using a pot or grow bag depending on your soil and conditions there . That way you can still make use of the hole but not have to worry about termites and ants like outlaw sugested. OTher benefits areyou wontbe competing with tree roots or have the surounding soil dry out and suckthe moistureout.

Bunnings sell good deep trays 2" for larger pots aswel land that may buy you an extra day or two. just have an airy medium lining the botom (efectively a krusty bucket).

BUT thist all depends on your "hole" and how thoughtfully you chose the place to dig it. IF you have already done the legwork and found decent soil in near permanent water or know that therl be residual moisture throughout the summer then why not grow in the ground. BE far easier and may yield a betteroutcome. MIxing coco/perlite into a hole may infact be counterproductive.

Just a thought..

Cheers

Thanks for the Ideas, the trays sound good might try this with a couple of inches of hydroton at the bottom of the grow bag. I will also add the perlite as brick says. I am doing soil as well, as you said competeing gum trees suck the moisture and I"ve had heaps of grey mold problems so got new strain for this year, Early skunk which is suposed to be very mold resistant.

hermy

Edited by hermananian