I recently purchased a $30 coffee grinder from target or kmart cant remember,works a treat a couple of pulses and your bud is chopped,all good,BUT im left wondering,all the build up of dust,you will know what I mean if you have one,whats the deal with this? It gets you stoned ,really stoned if you just sprinkle it on a cone like a little snow cone,but if your not doing this constantly and your just smoking your mix and not touching the dust until say your desperate for a bit of a smoko,then are all the mixes you have been smoking less potent than if you had just had a chop with scissors and all that dust just stays in the mix? Cheers :smoke:

KK

Edit- I don't put spin in my grider bud only

Edited by kushking

i hear ya Kushking and youre pretty right .. but with the scissors maybe some of that resin dust, being almost invisible gets sprayed outside of the mix bowl and is lost forever ..

same sorta thing with the grinders which often have a screen an chamber under screen to catch that dust, 'hippie crack' isnt it called lol

and its just the bees-knees to smoke

as for the smoko being less potent i just have an extra coupla cones to make up for it hehe

:peace:

Yes your chop is less potent, obviously if the stuff gets you stoned on your own, there's something missing from the buds you smoke!!

These are trichomes, and depending on how long you blend it for, fine plant matter

Hey silversun,yeah mate thats pretty much what I was thinking,might stick to the ol scissors and just use it for bigger mixes (visitors) lol

i hear ya Kushking and youre pretty right .. but with the scissors maybe some of that resin dust, being almost invisible gets sprayed outside of the mix bowl and is lost forever ..

same sorta thing with the grinders which often have a screen an chamber under screen to catch that dust, 'hippie crack' isnt it called lol

and its just the bees-knees to smoke

as for the smoko being less potent i just have an extra coupla cones to make up for it hehe

:peace:

Couple extra Frazz,I like where your heads at lol

I have an electric mullomatic too, they're awesome if you hate chopping with scissors like me, also if you smoke heaps, obviously you have to chop more so..

I leave my keif in there until it gets thick enough for a gram or 2

If i'm chopping new buds that I haven't smoked before, and especially if they're very resinous, I used a hand grinder, but not often

I have been using a breville coffee grinder for over 10 years ...you can stuff scissors .....I have had 5-6 chops so far today (cant remember ...haha) would have tennis elbow or something by now if I had to chop all that by hand

There was a while there where a friend and I would score an oz between us and chop the whole thing up straight away scraping the chopper as we went ....then we would collect up all the dust and press it with a warm blade or wrap in cling film and put it in our shoe for a while ....we called it poor mans hash but was f-ing awesome smoke ..I highly recommend it

Cheers lol Brimstond