5 seedlings have sprung, when to put in drobe?

I would keep the soil moist, don't let it dry out. Don't water 10 times a day though. Not nutes for min 1 week, take photos and upload before you think they need a feed.

What brand coco did u use. I would have only CFL for 2 weeks only. Keep globe 1 inch from the leaves. Ventilation always. Light I do 24hrs a day for a week, them reduce to 18/6.

Remember less is more and the easiest way to kill canna is with love.

Now you got atleast 7 days to understand how much to feed ya plants.

What nutes again?

I've got dutch masters nutes, the CFL on them is only a weak one just my lamp, I was thinking if I put in the drobe and angled the light away from the corner I could get away with it.

I have coco from Bunnings, I washed it out and took out any heavier clumps. Seems pretty good tho.

Which range of dutch masters? Gold, advanced? Their online calculator is crap. What does it state on the bottle to feed them in veg?

Maybe ya could angle the light away. Maybe have it a couple of feet away from the plants but keep the CFL on and close. That should be cool. First few days they ok with crap CFL. They just won't grow when they got lots of foliage that needs energy.

You should have had the CFL and exhaust fans already before you embarked on this new adventure. Remember the 5 P's, Prior Planning Prevents Pisspoor Performance.

Can you photograph the back of ya nute bottles? Hope you washed the coco really well, bunnings coco is pretty nasty.

I think from what I can gather and it sounds about right is you will want about 1.4ml of a and 1.4ml of b per 1l of water. Make 10l and that's 14 ml of each. To me that is about right. Maybe go 1 mo of each to be sure then after a few days go to 1.4ml.

EC metre would be good, but hopefully this will be fine and see you through a few weeks till you got the cash

I only wanna buy things once, and the setup I want for veg ain't too cheap so I couldn't afford it atm.

And I figured seeing as the plants are slow and stunted in my drobe, the coco ones will catch up. A few people on here said the same thing. If it gets to crowded in my cupboard I have a friend who can take a few or ill just flower earlier.

And Ec meter is on its way, got dicked around by online store again :( thanks for the insight. I'll wait before I fed them and upload a pic.

Edited by oldman_67

hey oldman good to see you playing with coco it might not be the best brand but it will work i used to use the coco bricks years back with no dramas just flush the shit out of it. iv got family that i have helped grow using coco bricks and they have nice big buds atm. i think you will have better luck with coco all the best mate :bongon:

El Gato, I feed the plants at 25% as soon as the root/roots come out of the rookwool block then go to 3/4 strength a week later. Have never noticed any problems doing that.

Could you let me know why no nutes for the first week ? I realise its probably about root burn but I have rarely had that occur.

I have always used OZI Magic Gro Juice, I think its the cheapest nutrient on the market but at he end of the day it does the same job as the expensive overseas nutrients. I have used a lot of different ones but always come back to OZI Magic.