Male/Female selection and seed production (Project Blueberry)

Only 2nd feed of bloom nutes at the moment, (i fed them vege nutes the first week of bloom, wasnt happy with how they were consuming nutes..... i want to push these girls......) will post photos and male/female selection and speak of how i'm going to be breeding with the selected males and fems in a limited growspace ...... will submit some shitty little 2d diagrams and shit to explain the process involved... (or how i do it anyway ..... just one of many techniques.....)

peace'

Destined to be cannabutter ..... - (Sorry for the bad photography, random photo of throw-away males, not sure that was all of them ,,,, ..... theres a bunch in the photo ...... (can you pick the mutant bastard on the left hand side ? ....) )

throwaways

- male throwaways ... random photo ... not the best .... sorry :)

Blue moon rocks dad

- blue moon rocks father (selected because of it's striking similiarities to a mum blue moon rocks from last grow...) yeah the plant has been tortured, bent sideways and is wild ...... i will cross it to a dj bb leaning dj bb hybrid .....

Will have someone i know upload more footage to youtube shortly ...... bring on ze' buds ....

take it easy .... but ... still take it ......

Edited by %20i n d oo r_c ult iv8 r%20

Cheers' :up:

Will start collecting pollen in around 4 days ..... photos to follow .... the males have been cut back ... (to half their size ...) ... to make room for the fems in the tent .... i still have 4 males ..... not sure if i will be preserving much pollen for future generations or not..... (i should though ... and doing so is wise .... )

I will note that after this grow i am going back to the drawing board and will be growing strains notorious for high potency ...... I am going to cross something cross-eye inducing to the blueberry line i've been fucking around with .... will probably grow some chernobyl or vortex and cross it to the blueberry line also... (tga seeds) ...

Not sure yet exactly what strains i will be growing but i'll be ordering all regular seeds ........ i'm looking into some rare dankness strains ... they have one or two of the highest ever recorded strains (cannabinoid profiling in the states ....) .... I want to grow a decent super silver haze ... i miss a decent haze ..... i wouldnt mind giving the blue cheese a run ..... and some bubba kush varieties ... mosca negra have their old time moonshine hybrids out now ... i want to grow some of soma's strains and for once and for all sample one of sensi's strains .... considering the g13xhp original ..... or maybe their hashplant ..... Somewhere on the drawing board i want to cross landrace hash producers suited to indoor growing ....... and later cross it back to the blueberry line aswell .....

If the blueberry line im working on now is not up to par (as good or better) than either of the originals (dj bb or bmr) .... i will save the seeds for outdoor growing ... and start a fresh breeding project and scrap the blueberry line altogether. Just yesterday i was worried i was behind in bloom cause of a week of vege nutes ..... but theres buds forming all over the plants .... everywhere .... so i'm not far behind.... the strains im working on can finish anywhere between 8 to 10 weeks .... I am going to attempt to harvest the suckers by 9 weeks though ..... depending on what im feeding them at the 6week mark ......

I am running general hydro nutes this grow ..... (FloraNova) and will try their liquid koolbroom from week 3 ... its a standard 0:10:10 bloom additive ..... and on week 6 i will give the plants atleast 1.5weeks straight of strong pk 13/14..... will flush around week 7 or 8 if everything is humming along nicely and on-track ... I also have a "natural" additive with different types of natural sugars (simple and complex) that is supposed to increase blueberry aromas .... I am going to choose the least fragrant of the girls and use it .....

Alright i've had my ramble ..... 3 or 4 days without meds and im just about back to baseline consciousness ..... still havent slept much more than a wink though and anxious as hell every minute of the day ..... such is life for somebody with aspergers.... I am growing these varieties for no other reason but for my own meds ... and want to single out a variety that i create that is perfect for my condition ...... I suffer with intense anxiety/panic attacks and suffer with INTENSE sensory overload associated with aspergers ..... I usually can not sit comfortably even under a house cfl light ..... light/sound/touch stimuli is intense ... and i find it incredibly difficult in most social situations ..... i'm usually unable to leave the house comfortably without erb'..... I am more sociable and live a much more rewarding and enjoyable existance when im smoking nature's finest .....

peace n pot and mahalo'

(may you be in the divine blessings of the gods)

Edited by %20i n d oo r_c ult iv8 r%20

looking forward to this one mate love the blue strains as cerberus said barneys blue cheese is lovely its the first strain i had grown from seed last year only cracked the one and it was killer the pheno i had was huge yeilder had to tie up in week 5 of flower and very strong smoko. iv got a dairy of it some where grew it out for a year looking forawrd to ya breeding project :bongon:

Okay, as i've noted earlier all males were cut in half and ea. male put into a corner next to plants deemed fit as mothers..... because i want to use the tent mostly for the production of decent meds ea. male has not had sufficient lighting.... the males all stack well (fairly tight internodes except for the one stretch male dj bb leaning pheno). I want to collect pollen from atleast 2 dj bb's, one being the short squat indica leaning dj bb with a larger yield and one of the "stretch bb" phenos for the collection of pollen also. I also will be collecting pollen from a blue moon rocks father..it is a matter of timing..... and observation. to stop the spread of any pollen that may have fallen from immature anthers (pollen sacks) it is important to foliar spray the surrounding plants with water to remove/sterilise any pollen, not that this matters too much because the plants beside the fathers are mum material anyway and are removed before pollen has been released..... the goal is to remove the male plants from the grow area when the anthers have increased in size but yet to open .... as i mentioned its all timing and observation ...

First male seperated....... this male will be left for 2 to 3 days for the anthers to properly open and pollen will be collected .... when a plant has released a decent ammt of pollen its quite obvious, the foliage has a powdery film/residue on the foliage ..... this is an indication that you fucked up the timing biatch.

So now for photos to better point out what i am speaking about ....

firstly .... as i mentioned these males were cut in half and put into ea. corner of the tent .... plants beside these males are much taller, hence the stretch... understand? (lower lighting and the usual "fight for the light") Note: I have already "weeded" out males not suited.....

Male BB 1

first male ready ...

Next few photos display whether or not i was too late in relocating the male to another room .... (notice only one or 2 anters have spread their wings to release pollen)

DJ BB 1

Male BB

Male BB 1

Male BB 1

I'm by no means an expert, if you wish to provide CONSTRUCTIVE (keyword) criticism, worthy of such ....... and you leave your ego at the door (hard for most on growers forums ;) )..... by all means..... this thread isnt just for me to speak about a few simple techniques ..... it's useful info.. and i'd love for those who have done this for a while to chime in ...

peace n pot ladies & gents, keep it fucking stoney.

*EDIT* - The brown fuzz on the foliage isnt pollen .... a ceiling fan knicked the plant doh.... (retarded i know ...... - absentminded lol)

Edited by ind00rcultiv8r