Male/Female selection and seed production (Project Blueberry)

Hi folks,

Havent noticed a lot of material regarding male/female selection and/or breeding in general. I am in the process of creating 2 or 3 hybrids. I took 3 key varieties to start the project..... DJ short original blueberry (I had been wanting to grow/breed with this strain for atleast 10 years), BOGS blue moon rocks (a blue strain with decent potency/flavour and decent yield), Chimera's c-plus dj short bb x cali orange (25yr+IBL) and also grew out blue moonshine (bbxww) for which i didnt bother breeding with.

My original plan was to develop one key blueberry strain noted for its potency and taste. my current plan is to create atleast 2 killer blueberry varieties with decent yield,bag appeal and most of all blueberry-esque. i wanted to maintain the original flavours of the dj short blueberry,,,,, the buds literally smell like blueberry chocolate muffins and the stems smells like such even in vege..... the problem was that dj short blueberry is renown for nutrient sensitivities, stunted initial growth, poor yield. From 35 or so plants i found a few males that were special..... one was a blue moon rocks male that had a completely shiny stem that glistened with trichomes and smelled much more pungent than any other male, its internodal spacing was short and foliage/stem growth was not too outrageous. Using parents who utilise their energy reserves for the production of foliage or stem solely are often bad parents.

I chose the bog blue moon rocks father and crossed it to atleast one of the best mums from every variety grown. This was such a simple process that i wonder why more growers arent producing their own seed stock. I am now in the process of growing the bmr backcross i made and the dj short bb x bmr and the c-plus (bbxcalio) backcross and c-plus x bmr; one of the c-plus plant was hermie and hermied cause of being rootbound; its likely i have fem backcrossed c-plus.

I have a large selection of parents to choose from and would like to include ozstoner members in the selection process. I will also document how to create seed, selecting males, producing pollen, pollen segregation (to avoid pollinating every girl), pollen collection/storage, pollen application and seed development. This is an extremely easy process. I am already eyeing off several fathers/mothers at the moment and will update this forum with my progress. The goal is to yield atleast 300 seeds ..... i will use 2 males only.... and i will impregnate the best mums, only pollenating lower branches..... I will also take photos of possible mothers/fathers depending on whether or not many users are interested in this topic.....

Parent stock: -

just before bloom.

This second photo was taken after the plants had been spread out within the growroom, so the plants are yet to spread their wings, the plants will "fill out" the canopy shortly after this photo; plants are like 3.5 weeks old and are just over a foot tall. I will begin male/female selection shortly.

cheers'

**EDIT** i shouldve mentioned im growing for purely medicinal reasons..... i suffer with hardcore debilitating anxiety everyday ..... (without erb' anyway ...)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

hey idc thanks for taking the time to document and share this project with us , iam very interested in breeding and hope you have some success with it

i have little knowledge of Bogs lines but recognise Chimera and DJ as icons of Cannabis Botany/breeding so i reckon you have wisely started with top quality genes

all the best with it

:peace:

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLoD5P7ijkg[/media] future parents maybe ? The tallest of these are just over a ft tall ... plants arent yellow/white etc ... god damn hid lighting ... sorry, not the best footage lol ... doesnt do it justice either ... peace'

**EDIT** - Youtubes "shake correction" fucked with my video, reuploaded.... should be better footage...

Edited by ind00rcultiv8r