Vaping vs bonging

why da budda?

1. Size and design, will fit into my decor quite well, will be able to have it sitting out yet it will blend right in.

2. price

3. ajustable temp, ability to add a vape bag

4. blah blah blah

edit-I already own a first gen iolite

edit again - I think I'll bring the iolite out and use it :)

and again - Magic Flight Launch Box...I now want one, great looking and batteries vs butane.

Edited by Matanuska Thunder

Dude.....thanks for the detailed Rensselaer I very much appreciate it.

The coughing thing is something I've been struggling with for 10 years. I was a cigarette smoker for years which I don't think helps the situation. I've also been led to believe that mixing tobacco with weed reduces the flash point of the bowl as a whole making it easier to smoke. It me stuffed, I've tried everything and more that you've suggested, and I think it's just something I need to eat used to. Nibbling at straight gear isn't as satisfying as pulling a large bowl in one hit. Thgh I can see the tobacco probably adds to the rush.

On another note, I only recently realised what a 'bowl' means, I've always called it a cone. Looks a lot more like a cone than a bowl in my book. When I was younger I'd listen to rappers talk about smoking a bowl and I'd think 'wow, these guys are hardcore...sheesh, smoking a whole bowl before breakfast', as in a proper chop bowl full. I was a little disappointed when I realised they are just like normal smokers. :)

I think I'm going to get the Q. It seems better value than the SSV at the moment and I like the idea of bags.

Thanks again resist, big rep.

Edit: in case you're wondering, I write these responses on an ipad which is why words randomly change etc. apologies in advance for all the dodgy posts I'll no doubt post over the years.

You're right about tobacco reducing the flash point. Quite a few people in Amsterdam add a pinch of tobacco to their joints to make them "burn better". Personally I've never had any problems with the way cannabis burns :) But its true that a pure joint often needs relighting, while a mixed joint tends to keep smouldering even if nobody is hitting it.

Glad to hear my advice is a help! You can't really go wrong with the Extreme Q, its got the dual function - can fill bags, plus it can also be used shisha style like the SSV.

Ahhh, the ipad explains why I went and googled "Rensselaer" lol no worries man

I have a launch box which is great for many reasons but for a couple reasons, not great for me.

I'd smash through batteries like crazy and we're talking the rechargeable ones. I think cos it works best on a fresh charge I wound up charging them too frequently and killing em.

It was hard to find a medium between getting good thick vape and burning it and getting smoke.

I searched for something similar. Tried the iolite portable ones (butane gas). Not bad.

I'm using the Arizer Solo now. That one's awesome. Battery operated. plug it in to charge. bigger than the launch box but I can still puff on it discretely in the movies. Just gotta use a low setting so as not to cough. But at home I got no probs coughing so crank it right up!! MMMM mmmm

I think a massive factor to vaping is the quality of the product you're toking on. When using random commercial bud it can be really hit n miss. I think its cos commercial stuff often hasn't been cured properly it just doesn't vape right starts off tasting like a wheatgrass shot, goes a bit vapey for a bit, then tapers off. Whack that weed in the bong instead it'll to the trick!

On the other hand, get some really well cured, stanky, "exotic", "dank" bud and bung it in the solo and I'll be puffing away for ages.

Thick tasty vapor hits... I got to go see if its done charging :bounce: :thisbig:

I'm using the Arizer Solo now. That one's awesome.

Agreed, the Solo is excellent. I'm not as experienced with the Solo as some other vapes, but I've used it a few times. I like that it can be used as both a portable battery-operated vape, and a home vaporizer which runs off the mains power. You can plug it into the wall and use indefinitely, even while its charging. There are aftermarket stems being made for the Solo now, which are supposed to make big improvements to the airflow. My only small niggle with the Solo was that the draw speed is a little restrictive, so if I owned one I'd definitely get an aftermarket stem.

Its also works well with bongs, you can get a proper GonG stem attachment which fits perfectly into standard bongs, or its pretty easy to rig something yourself with a piece of silicon tubing.

Edited by resist

It might be a bit off topic but I have a blown vap from cheating the hangman (site sponsor) Yesterday I got to stoned and dropped the unit.I broke a glass tube that the whip atatches to. I thought panic this close to Christmas no chance of getting a replacement part. I contacted Walter after hours via email, got an instant responce, and the part plus a new battery operated handheld vap I saw advertised on the site that I have, orderd as a back up, is in the mail express delivery this morning. Awsome support and service cannot recommend this site enough.

Wow....the solo is more expensive than the extreme Q. Though I do like the comment regarding the movies, this comment alone may have swayed me into getting a portable unit. lol

How do you find the hangmans vapes?he has some good prices.

Edit: researched hangman vapes, not impressed.

Now I'm stuck between a Airizer solo, and an Extreme Q. I like the portability of the solo, but being the same price as the Q not sure if I'm missing out on anything there. Advice is welcome....

Edited by Ferrethead

Hey Ferret I dont know how the others compare but the blown unit gets me realy wasted the only thing is I use more buds than when I smoke so I dont know what I must be doing wrong, as I read others saying they only use a small amount of bud. But the high is realy trippy and thats what I like so any info from others would be well received

Now I'm stuck between a Airizer solo, and an Extreme Q. I like the portability of the solo, but being the same price as the Q not sure if I'm missing out on anything there. Advice is welcome....

It really comes down to 2 things:

- Do you want the option to fill bags?

- Do you want to vaporize outside the house?

Have you ever vaped out of a bag (eg. the Volcano)? Personally, bag-fill vaporizers are not my favourite. Inhaling out of a crinkly plastic bags just isn't as fun as inhaling directly from the unit itself. I find it more satisfying to take a rip directly from the unit, especially through a bong. The flavour is also more intense when the vapor is going directly from the herb into your lungs, as opposed to sitting inside a plastic bag getting stale. I discovered this via the Magic Flight, the flavour is really amazing because the vapor is being produced literally 1cm from your mouth, it doesn't have to travel far to reach your lungs, so its as fresh as possible.

The bags also gradually collect vapor and get sticky inside, meaning you're losing more and more vapor the longer you use them. They have to be replaced every 6 months or less if you're a heavy user. As the sticky resin collects on the inside of the bag, the resin attracts more and more resin, making it more and more sticky, like a snowball effect. This principle actually applies to all vaporizers, which is why you should keep them as clean as possible, for example the glass mouthpieces, tubes etc, as well as any bongs used, anything the vapor touches.

The one time when bag-fill vaporizers are cool is when you have a group of people, and you're able to pass the bag around like a joint. As opposed to people crowding around a direct-inhale vaporizer. Mind you, portable vaporizers like the Solo can be passed around a group too. I've also noticed that non-stoner types, the ones who might have a little puff on a joint if their friends are doing it, but would never actually buy weed themselves - These people can be a bit freaked out by the idea of inhaling from a plastic bag because it seems very "druggy" to outsiders.

The airflow on the stock Solo isn't that great, meaning you have to inhale fairly hard, like a thickshake through a straw. But there are aftermarket stems available which make big improvements on this front, for example: http://www.planetvape.ca/pvhes-high-efficiency-stems.html