I really dont give a shit about "research" and dont wish to offend

anyone who is into that kind of thing.

Why the fuck do you need someone elses permission to do

as you see fit,

Alcohol and tobacco are LEGAL because they keep you dumb and stupid.

Substances like marijuana are not because they encourage FREE thought.

And those with POWER do not want you to think for yourselves.

I for one have the same rights as everyone else on this planet.

A lot of the music of the 60s/70s was all about doing your own thing

and being your own person.

Nothing has changed

Keep growing

keep tokin

Open your mind to the real universe

Peace

• Upvote 1

mjbarrat said

-because if we have data to present, we are able to talk about these issues more easily. Without data to present, people can be accused of being biased or having an opinion rather than speaking from evidence.

(This is what I try and do in my work anyway!)

Fantastic, because that is exactly what I believe also, and I have alot of respect for you and the work you do.

Absolutely agree that when presenting any valid argument you must always back it up with evidence. In any research strict adherance to the scientific method is vital, and because of the self correcting nature of science we can only move forward.

:egyptdance:

Edited by Budzzz

Ok expert here,,

1. If you have mental health problems like schitsophrenia , bipolar disorder, Schitsoaffective disorder in some cases anxiety, depression ,, personality disorders whatever... Listen to what your doctor says, who is an expert and don't smoke cannabis.

Dr Matthew Large, a psychiatrist and researcher at the University of NSW, has been on the frontline of public mental health services for 20 years.

"On most days, the majority of my inpatients have a history of long-term cannabis use, on some days, all of them do," he says.

Please correct me if I'm wrong here, what your essentially saying Ant is that you and Dr Large think people use cannabis, repeatedly, knowing that it will lead to a bout of debilitating mental illness that could last for months or even years. Is that really your logic? Honestly? Talk about putting the cart before the horse, far out!

In my time I have come to know 2 people who suffer schizophrenia, 1 a previous girlfriend and the other a friend and ex housemate whom I gave a safe place to live.

It is truly, truly a terrible illness. Anyone who has tried to care for someone when they have become delusional, as I have for both these 2, will tell you it will wear down the toughest of people. It is no wonder at all that a large % of schizophrenics eventually take their own life.

The fact that so many people with serious mental disorders find so much comfort and relief from using cannabis is something you both need to have a long hard think about.

Cannabis does not cause mental illness, nor does it cure it. However it's use assists people cope with the mind numbing anti-psychotic drugs that are vital in keeping them stable and safe from harm.

I would never be so arrogant as to call myself an expert, but I know what I know and I speak from years of painful experience.

Edited by darryl d
  • Upvote 3

Right on Ant

I agree with absoloutly everything you said,

Especially #2

It seems that all the people who end up with Psych problems sstart smoking when they are very young 12 or 13( my nephwes were dealing at school at that age the little buggers) their brains arent hard wired yet.

My first joint wasnt till I was bout 24 and Hay I thunk im orwright

It is interesting to note that nearly all the people that I know/have known with bipolar and schizophrenia were also pot smokers. Why it is interesting is because we're always told that it is not acceptable to have these illnesses and be a pot smoker. You have to ask the question: If it makes matters so much worse like we're told then why are so many drawn to it?

However it's use assists people cope with the mind numbing anti-psychotic drugs that are vital in keeping them stable and safe from harm

darryl d you are so right man!

Like you I have I have 1st hand knowledge - living proof. People who don't understand this have not lived through it.

I don't give a fuck what the doctor thinks because Dr doesn't always know what's best. People with mental illness go to Dr's for their meds but with them alone they're stuck on medication merry go round. Add some Ganja to the mix and they are not worse off, and I truly believe that most would be better off than with just pharms alone.

To me Ganga is a fucking wonder drug. It has helped me enormously. Getting stoned is just the icing on the cake for this incredible plant.

One example is that I used to get sore swollen feet, but now that is a thing of the past. I was ganga free for a long time so can easily compare before and after.

I know how it has helped me and others, and would love to see more science to back this up.

Interesting read! lol Reefer Madness...

There is a lot of supposition ( right word?) in this article, as Cerberus pointed out. At first it sounded like it was going to be fairly balanced, but then it just seemed to go too negative. Still, interesting read. I guess it comes down to what we believe. I do believe there is a risk, but its a heck of a lot lower then the chances of having an allergic reaction to a pharmaceutical.

let me sink my teeth into this ...... ...

the trouble with cannabis ? cannabis is perfect ...... perfect in every way ..... for it to have evolved as a species ... and to have survived the ages ..... it is perfect.... in my books .... a more fitting subject title would be something like .... you can turn your back on a person ... sometimes ... but you can never turn your back on a drug .... (thanks hst) the word drug has a rather muddied stigma attached to it .... a drug by definition is something that alters ones consciousness .... this is by no means limited to something you stick in your mouth and swallow or something you inhale ...... or that tv program you watch and sync-out to after a long hard day at work .... friday night footy .... and so forth ..... the truth is .... any activity that human beings partake in continually and repetitively for enjoyment or otherwise has the potential for abuse...... look at pc gamers .... the addict of the new technological "information" age ..... i think the issue isnt with cannabis ..... the issue is gluttony.... there is such a thing as 2 much of a good thing (as they say ..) .... i'm a canna advocate until the day of my death.... i'm an "all-day" smoker .... (med user) .... and well .... i understand there's such a thing as "too much" ;...... theres no such thing as a free lunch .... they dont or wont outlaw video games now will they .... I dont know i think as a sovereign being (somewhat so .... :/) that the more we are told what to do and what not to do , what to eat and what not to eat .... the more rights will be shed ..... this has been the case historically ..... i am pro-choice..... leave it up to the individual to alter their own consciousness as they please .... do you honestly think legalising drugs will turn the streets and every home into a heroin den ?

peace'

Edited by ind00rcultiv8r

I dont like to admit this but.....

I partake in the most DANGEROUS pastime ever known to mankind

Inhaling and exhaling Benson and Hedges Special Filter

My government allows me right as a consenting adult to choose to kill myself if I please

Why in a modern world can I not make that same decision with something that cannot kill me?

No wonder kids get it all wrong.

• Upvote 1