CFL Grow (Veg to Flower)

Thought I'd add the measurements for my drobe, 1200mm in length 500mm Wide , 1550mm High (The shelf is the same only differs in height)

I also covered the corner gap were the door opens and closes with Black Multi purpose Builders Film(secured with Duct Tape :P) now no light can get in or out.

post-48161-0-76907900-1338704572_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kraut

I planned on using a 250W because i will only have two plants at a time in the room, but i also don't want to spend to much

If i can't find anything better ill probably get (http://www.ebay.com....=item2c65adc486) Thanks ozzy420 :)

but for now that's all i think i would need apart from some fans and vents but ill figure that part out later i wont order anything until i've got it all sorted out

Edited by Kraut

Hello kraut , I have done a few grows using cfl lights mate , I made sure that i had 5000lms per sq ft , I also ensured i had adequite ventilation with temp gauge inside both cabs yet i also had the luxury of flowering outdoors on 1 of my grows . I purchased all my cfl bulbs from bunnings daylight bulbs and i also removed 4 daylight bulbs and replaced them with warm white bulbs during flowering , my cab was approx 1200mm high x 900 length x 900 wide . anyway heres a few pics to give u a few ideas it cost me about $150 and kinda looks a bit hows it garn but it worked bloody bonza mate . Oh and the bulbs were 24w cfl @ $7.60 each and i used 8 in my wooden cab and 6 daylight in the vege box with the foil on the walls . goodluck .

Wowie, PotRocket.

What a great grow. And with those half-dozen or so Bunnings lights!

It shows what can be done with alternative lighting setups.

Are you ever going to try LEDs?

• Upvote 1

Hi Potrocket- I am looking to set up smething similar mate. Only new here. I tried my 1st grow starting late with some pissy 40 watt flouro tubes (2) and got some pretty scrappy twigs come up that I may be able to twist up a little later but I've now got an horticultural itch that I gotta scratch! The multiple cfl deal seems to be the least expensive avenue that will deliver acceptible results in my case.

My question:

Is it possible to buy sockets and leads/plugs in one unit-just bare? I ain't sure about wiring the jthings. Did you have to wire them? I've had a look around and I am able to buy sockets that will accept up to like 40 watts for around 6 bucks. wouldn't mind grabbing a couple of outdoor sockets to use a couple of 85 w cfl as well. the hiccup is that the flex and plugs and wiring frighten me a bit! Any advice? Thanks heaps

cheers Hudbud. that seems ideal for me. I have 4 23 watt cfl to move around a bit, and I wanted something with a bigger light above. I am looking to just get 4 or so sturdy enough to put outside at a time, and I gotta be a lil sly w/the kids and a tiny house! A bloke really needs a shed with a nondescript old wardrobe or two around I think! Thanks heaps for the link. I love this place!