Aussie's Outdoor Super Soil Recipe

I think I will settle on what I've already mixed in. I can always add more later on and much easier to add than take away.

I found a mate last night who has worm castings and I can probably score a heap for free and some tea. So I will be getting hopefully another 2kg to make 4kg all up for my mix. Seeds got shipped today and by the time the roots hit this mix it should be a month easy.

I've been reading a lot about Subcool's Super Soil mix and I guess this recipe is trying to mimic it. It's hard here in Australia because some of the ingredients aren't available as far as I know. Bat Guano? Azomite? Maybe at a hydro shop...

I think these types of mixes are overly complex and this shows in the confusion ppl have in trying to put them together and use them. Something I have not seen mentioned in the current discussion is that the OP actually recommends this mix as an additive to soil and says it is way to hot to grow plants in.

If you use a simple mix and get the basics right you will grow a healthy plant and that is a good base to slowly over time work out which additives/extras are needed to suit your environment and growing style.

Naycha :peace:

• Upvote 1

For example the azomite is just rock fust for trace minerals. Whick afaik are only like 10% water soluble meaning it will take ages to break down. Also good quality compost should have all trace elements you need.

be careful with worm castings theey are imcredibaslly fine particles only ever use em in seedling mixes atno more than 30%.

air is just as important to roots!