Son-T-Agro Vs Son-T-Plus

this is takin from a hydro shop that sells bulbs hope this shines some light on the subject ha ha and ends the contraversy.

goto link to see shop if you think I wrote it they accent hydroponics.

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~accent/hobby_cat/hobcat4.html

Son T Agro Bulbs:

Son T Agro Bulbs are a new development from Phillips and Osraam. They run in either 400 or 600 Watt High Pressure Sodium Control Gear, and they are basically a modified High Pressure Sodium Lamp with 30% more Blue light in its spectrum, making it the best lighting system for plant growth, with high energy reds to speed growth, and enough blue light to keep plants compact and healthy. Son Agros are extremely popular as there is no lamp change required when plants begin to flower. The Son Agro Lamp is 400, 600 or 1000 Watt (1000W not recommended for QLD), and the 400 Watt is brighter than 400 Watt Metal Halides. When used in the European PL 90 E (Poot) Fixtures the coverage of the 400Watt light is greater than that of an average 1000 Watt Metal Halide lamp.

Running costs:

blah blah blah....... :P

Just get real, the best results you will ever get are with a dedicated MH for growing, and a dedicated HPS lamp for flowering. Aspire to having the equipment to do this and your grows will always be good. SonT's are good to get you started, but they are a compromise and it will show when you harvest.

Ok I recieved this email but I wasnt happy with the answer so I have sent them another but heres the reply to the first one.

Thank you for your e mail.

Sont400Agro improves output and profitability in all sectors of greenhouse

production and is specifically for the Hydroponics industry whereas

Sontplus600 can be used both in greenhouse production as well as general

commercial use.

Sontagro is a 400 and, Sontplus is a 600 bulb.

Regards

Ram Ramamurthy

I have asked for spectral differences etc as I dont think the above email tells us what we want,

Although it does appear that the previous guys were right the 600 is the plus and the 400 is the agro??

I will re-post more info as I recieve it. :P

I will repost this incase you didnt understand the first time.

There versions of bulbs not brand names thats my point you cant call a son tplus a 600 watt because it comes in 400.Ps they may not make the 600 agro anymore but they were available in australia 2/3 years ago

Read page 393 of the cannibis grow bible it has the lumens and effiency about the 400 son t plus bulb.Dont forget there is also the son t bulb (no agro or plus behind it ) and and the son standard bulb as well there are actually 4 "VERSIONS" of philips bulbs in various wattages But I dont know which wattages philips makes these bulbs in now I have no idea which ones they manafacture or ship these days But most "VERSIONS" of these bulbs are available in different wattages not just 1 wattage I have no idea which Wattages are available in australia now cause I dont sell them or deal with philips.

If you want an example of what I mean you cant call a GE lucalox bulb a 400 watt brand bulb cause it comes in 600 and 1000 as well.

This is going no where anyway I am not posting about this anymore if you think you are right it about then so be it (Its not a lie if you beleive it.)

Edited by dogsted

hey I dont know whats right but you have summed it up pretty well for me, I was in the understanding as were alot of others that they were what they called the different sizes etc.

as in I knew they were all Philips bulbs and thought that philips identified them by 400 being a sonty-agro and a 600+ being SonTyplus.

I get the post which was

I'm just curious if anyone knows the difference between the Philips Son-T-Agro and the Son-T-Plus?

Do you know the actual differences? I dont.

and which ones would be better for growing in the different stages?

Read page 393 of the cannibis grow bible

never read it, is it worth buying?

Just get real, the best results you will ever get are with a dedicated MH for growing, and a dedicated HPS lamp for flowering. Aspire to having the equipment to do this and your grows will always be good. SonT's are good to get you started, but they are a compromise and it will show when you harvest.

yeah Ive read this several times in different places. Do you do this? if so what have you noticed to be the difference.

Also does anyone have any thoughts on those retro=bulbs for HPS??

Agro bulbs just contain more blue in the spectrum they are usually more expensive and are good for both veg and flowering the plus is the normal HPS spectrum and is better for flowering.Yields should be about the same if either bulb is used throughout vegging and flowering however but thats just my humble opinion.

I'm going to wade in and cause more confusion...........

I know that the normal agro lights have 30% more blue spectrum than other HPS bulbs, but isn't the plus meant to have more of something too? I thought it was the blue spectrum, but I don't think so. Going to hunt around google and see what I can find, now it's got me!

The Son-T-Plus has slightly less blue spectrum than the Son-T-Agro, which would make it slightly better for flowering but not as effective for veg. I prefer the Son-T-Agro myself, I think the Plus is aimed at plants with less veg time than mj (except for SOG growing).

B)