Coughing up blood with Phlegm

The Stoned Jester

Question

Ok so ive been smoking weed now for about 15years fairly regularly with occasional breaks.

but just recently ive been smoking a shit load more because im getting nervous about my wedding soon.

and most mornings after i wake up ill cough up the normal funky phlegm but with red/brown blood looking streaks and blobs. - but it only happens for a bit in the morning - i can hack and cough up any other time of the day and its just normal, only after ive had a sleep and everything seems to settle.

obvisiouly im gonna go to the doctors ASAP and get it checked out, but is is semi normal for this to be happening or its sign of something more sinister?

That started to happen to me and a friend of mine recently died from lung cancer after 20 years bonging on so last year I switched to a vape box. No more morning hock fest for me.

did he smoke cigarettes at all? like ever , like even for a little bit or occasionally or quit ages ago ? ever ?

very rare to have cancer from smoking cannabis or other non tobacco products

Hey Man, I had virtually Identical symptoms to you, also been smoking bongs for about 15 years, but I used to smoke tobacco, but stopped 5 years ago, I also used to smoke a few other things far worse for your lungs that cannabis. About 3-4 years ago I coughed up blood at the same time as having a chest infection, I was very worried, went to the doctor (it was boxing day) and he didn't even refer me for a chest x-ray, after the christmas holidays It happened again so went to see my usual doctor (had been out of town when it happened before). He sent me for a chest X-ray, took a phlegm sample, and also a breath test. Chest X-Ray came back clear, so did the phlegm sample, and the breath test gave my lungs an average age of 19 when I was actually 27, the doctor put it down to a burst blood vessel, either in the lungs or the throat (actually relatively common if someone has a chest infection with an aggressive or hacking cough). So that was OK, since then it hasn't really happened. Aprat from this last week I've had a chest infection, and It's happened again, I went to see the doctor about it and he sent me for a chest x-ray this morning and I'm waiting for the results now, which should take a few days to come through. More than likely it is just a burst blood vessel, relating to the chest infection. I have to say though, that I'm a bit worried about it this time, as the coughing up blood has happened more this time, than it did when it happened 3 or so years ago. I also cough quite a lot when I don't have a chest infection, just as some of us do from usual bong smoking, and I'm sure that this is not good for us. Coughing up blood can be a symptom for virtually any bad lung condition, or just a sign of a bad chest infection/pneumonia, or simply coughing a lot. Anyone who coughs up blood should get a chest x-ray immediately, even if they are young, just to rule out anything rare (such as lung cancer, or TB). I also have a history of chest infections and pneumonia from a young age, and I'm sure that's why i cough a lot from bongs (i seem to have a lot of friends that smoke bongs but don't really cough their guts up). I think if smoking anything makes people cough then they should alter their consumption method, recently I've been making canna hot chocolate, and that is great, really put's your lights out. and it is totally good for you, no coughing up shit (even vapes make my cough in terms of their dryness sometimes). Take care man, glad you got the all clear, and hope it stays that way. happy Bongin!!