Coughing up blood with Phlegm

The Stoned Jester

Question

Ok so ive been smoking weed now for about 15years fairly regularly with occasional breaks.

but just recently ive been smoking a shit load more because im getting nervous about my wedding soon.

and most mornings after i wake up ill cough up the normal funky phlegm but with red/brown blood looking streaks and blobs. - but it only happens for a bit in the morning - i can hack and cough up any other time of the day and its just normal, only after ive had a sleep and everything seems to settle.

obvisiouly im gonna go to the doctors ASAP and get it checked out, but is is semi normal for this to be happening or its sign of something more sinister?

possibilities ... stomach ulcers bleed and patient spits blood

violent and extended coughing bursts tiny blood vessels in throat .. patient spits blood

bronchititis , pneumonia, tuberculosis, can all result in bloody coughs

blood from lungs often bright red/ pink and frothy bubbles, possible pulmonary embolisim

they are extreme examples and you hopefully are not in that group BUT it is possible so,

... in the meantime stop smoking now for the sake of your health, you only get one body so look after it or you will suffer big time !

all the best with it Joker :peace:

• Upvote 1

Obviously get your ass to the doctors ASAP.

I used to have bad sinuses, always getting infected and shit and would quite often cough up a bit of blood in the morning...usually in the shower. Seems like my sinuses were just draining into the back of my throat during the night and thats where the blood was coming from.

Hope your problem is something nice and simple and nothing at all serious.

Be well