Sativa plant flowering during winter

Hi all, first post here. I'm glad to be a new member of this community. Have no idea why I haven't joined this earlier.

Peace!

Well time to get straight into it.

A plant was planted in February and has recently just started to flower at the top. Just.

Will it still continue to flower during winter?

Will the plant retain itself and last the cold days and possible occasional frosts?

The plant grows without tree protection or shade. Completely out in the open, with only one other plant by its side.

So in a situation like this, would there be any negative impact on the plants health, life etc?

Does it require a different spot?

The climate it lives in tends to be very cold during winter I might add.

Any knowledge would be great.

Thankyou!!

welcome up justanothertoker :applause:

once i grew a 100% sativa in the adelaide foothills in late summer - winter , frost kinda froze the top buds and they died , but i still dried an smoked them! lol was pretty good too ... the rest still was alive but this was about June and i cut her down

trouble is with sativa they need really strong overhead Sun an long days that only summertime can give down in Oz .. if the plant is readily accessible then try putting something over the top of plant when frost is expected overnight

i reckon its still worth carrying on now its started just dont expect big fat colas as they cant really reach thier potential

also maybe a small chance of plant getting a bit hermie 'cause that trait is inherent in the sativa genes and growing out of season can bring that trait out .. so keep a eye out for deformed flowers or even balls ..

all da best with her :peace:

Awesome, that's lucky. Hopefully it pulls out okay like yours!

Nothing like a good, mature sativa!

This plant is even in a colder location. :(

Have been waiting so very long.

So do you think it will continue to flower, even with the lack of sun and the cold temperatures/rain/frosts/winds? Will it take longer?

Or will it go into like a sort of hibernation stage where it will do it's best to adapt and survive but won't grow any further?

Cause from what you've said.. looks like I still should be getting excited lol lol Any maybe there will be hope after all!

And I have much reading to do, don't even know what hermie is! I shall browse around the site :)

Thanks muchly!

Edited by justanothertoker