Shit man! At a loss. Larva in my run off!

Hey guys.

I'm about 4 weeks into flower now and the buds are developing nicely.

a couple days ago, I was doing my weekly flush and as I'm draining away the excess water

and i notice a little group of white things grouped up.

It aint roots, coco or perlite, so I go in for a closer geeze to see tiny little white larva,

some of them are just chillin, others are swimmin around a little, and a few when disturbed kinda fly up out of the

water before failing and landing back in the water to chill again.

For the last yew years I have been using perlite / Clayball in a recirc system,

so these kind of pests are foreign to me.

After trolling the forums over the years, I was pretty sure it was fungus gnats,

but I'm starting to think otherwise.

This Is because:

a) have not seen anything flying anywhere in the growroom at all. (not even when the surface gets drenched with water)

b)Peeled away the top 4-6cm of coco and have seen no pupa or adult larva in the fine root hairs

c) Yellow Sticky Traps have been up for 2 days now and remain clean.

I'm unsure what is happening, some of the fan leaves are clearly showing signs the plant is being effected.

but the leaves, stems and buds themselves, are pest free and are generally developing well.

I would take a photo of these little 'larva' but they are so small, there is no point.

Also, I have looked through about 6 years worth of posts in this area of the forum without any match to my problem.

I have no clue what it is, cause I have not seen any adult variants of these 'larva' yet.

Thanks for your help in advance team <3

Cyclone -

Hey cyclone, had a similar issue quite a few years ago in an expanded clay recirculating system two grows In a row. Their was heaps in the nutrient tank ,kept dumping the tank every couple of days to get rid of em. They didn't seem to effect the plants though, and couldn't find any info that said otherwise. Bang a bit of oxy plus (hydrogen peroxide) in your tank . That should make their life uncomfortable....peace from the devil