Chillies

I have tried growing a range of chillies but have never made it past germination. I'm not sure if the seeds I was given were dud or I just suck at germinating them. I'm about to buy a heating mat from the local nursery to see if it makes any difference.... then if that works I'll put them under my HPS setup.

Life's not right without a few million scovilles and a melted toilet.

Thanks Devilspine!

I gave them about 3 weeks however I was not using a heatmat and it was pretty cold at the time. Just realised that my old reptile house makes a pretty good germination box with heat pads etc so am trying it again :)

Hi D-spine, I had a couple of beautiful Thai, orange habenero, jalapeno and cayenne all cruising nicely until it started raining big around 2yrs ago. just sat it water that couldn

t get away too long-organic soil outdorrs though. Building up some bed over wintr and am looking forward to having my ready chilli supply againthis year! I prefer the mildly hot varieties ie jalapeno thai, cayenne.I want to get ahold ofo some dimkum northern mexico varieties (originally from soCal) like Poblano, and learn how to smoke them and stuff (like smoked chillies lol ) not the habaneros but-burnt the ring too mouch..... :skysearch:

Life's not right without a few million scovilles and a melted toilet.

hahaha that's exactly what i think

Good thing i found this thread, i need to get my ghost peppers, jalapenos, chitlepin and red savinas started...

Growing chillies in southern tas is tricky, i didnt have much luck last year :crybaby: