genrally a couple of days before i harvest i would sort of torture my plant by not giving them any water for a day or two, snap a couple of main collas, give it a bit of water keep it going for a bit longer then dose it with boiling hot water and let it sit in it for half hour then pull. what im trying to do is make the plant angry and think its dying , when it thinks this i beleve the plant is flowing all its energy to the flowers to save them resulting in more potent buds. this is just a theory would love to hear others.

Rotfpmsl....... Boiling hot water.........Now I heard it all.......... geebus fellas, read a grow book in ya spare time and get off google.

Best way to 'stress' ya plant right before harvest is to take its light away for 48 hours before the chop, but it is only going to increase resin production slightly if anything.

I have tried stressing my plantsbefore harvest and then left them alone in other grows of the same strain and let them do their thing. I can't see any increase from them being stressed.

You will Not increase yield by stressing them right before harvest, all ya going to do is make their life harder, if anything, stalling their growth in the last week or few days.

I'll keep me hot water for a cuppa. Peace. Nibbler.

• Upvote 1

Nibs man, jeez. You know as well as I do that this is just another thing that can't be proven wrong very easily, and with the output difference so minimal, it's very hard to prove it is real.

So therefore the rumour perpetuates never to be proven wrong but to be tried and passed on by people everywhere :)

Now religion on the other hand... :whistle:

• Upvote 1

also no one ever said we were doing these things? i simply said i know a lot of people do do it.

and the theory behind it isnt to increase yield or anything it is supposed to instantly kill the roots and in turn the plant,it should start the curing process immediately as the plant continues trying to grow. i think its basically the same as chopping the roots off flipping your pant upside down and letting it dry whole.

i personally am still learning so my technique is very much still evolving but if i had to say what my theory for growing is it would be happy plants kept healthy. no stress. no trimming of leaves. just grown to the best of there potential.

now i just have to master growing them that way lol

hey just reading throu buds aint goin to start curing until they are dried then they start to cure. i havent seen anything like that in a grow book all these lil theories are aload of crap. iv heard give ya plant cordial coz it gives you more thc, iv heard turn ya plants to 12/12 when they are at clone height and they will keep growing like big donkey dick buds, iv seen a grower try do clonin in front of me by ripping bits of his plant off and putting it in soil thinking hes making heaps of clones turns out they all died, a good mate iv mine said his plant gets to much light and he is scared its goin to get burnt turns out like i told him you havent got enough light and that marijuana plants outdoor dont need shade its a fricken weed :bongon:
  • Upvote 1

what im trying to do is make the plant angry and think its dying , when it thinks this i beleve the plant is flowing all its energy to the flowers to save them resulting in more potent buds. this is just a theory would love to hear others.

If the plant's themselves valued their unfertilised buds the way we do, then yeah, maybe stressing a plant would make it try and protect it's buds.

The thing is... they don't share our love of sinsemilla, they care primarily about reproducing.

In the eyes of an annual plant, dying without seed in your buds is an epic fail.

When exposed to extreme stress, I think plants are more likely to put their energy into growing pollen bearing flowers in the hope of getting some of those virgin pistils fertilised before they die. Doing anything else would reduce their chance of reproducing.

Edited by lou lou