Soil Growing, Mix Advice Needed

Couple of weeks away from my next grow and I really need to ditch the hydro nutes. So I need some soil growers to critique my ideas and give me some ideas. Doesn't need to be organic, I don't have the room or space at the moment to brew teas or compost.

Soil Blend: In 5G Smart Pot

60% Debco Gardenia, Camellia & Azalea Superior Soil

15% Vermiculite

15% Seedling Mix

5% Lime

5% Rooster Booster

Have a similar mix for my auto's at the moment minus the chicken shit and it works well, the reason I use some seedling mix is when I drop the rock wool in the final pot I prefer the immediate area I plant in to be seedling mix so I don't have any nute burn probs putting young plants into rich soil. As they grow the roots obviously find the rich mix above and I don't need to use nutes for awhile. I do this for all my veggies and chilli plants and they seem to love it.

If you look at my grow diary you can see I used hydro nutes in soil and it worked fine, apart from the period where I got carried away and burnt them, but this time I want to use nutes specifically for soil.

So fire away and tell me what I should be using and how much of it and if my soil sucks.

Sorry I can't comment on the soil, I hate the stuff. So my advise is piss it off and go with coco. If ya can't then just keep going with what ya doing, low nutes. I read somewhere a nd it stuck in my head that the beat thing you cam do with soil is piss 50% off and fill it with perlite.

Buy a few bags of searles 5n1 ... worm castings, manure, chicken poo, friendly bacteria.... perfect for an addition to that debco mix.... ditch the vermiculite and swap it for perlite if you can ...... no need to add vermiculite to that mix ..... you will need to add some dolomite lime if you add the searles 5 n 1 ..... it has a heap of goodies to add to a soil mix ....

peace n pot,

Edited by ind00rcultiv8r
  • Upvote 1