So the latest one I heard, was from a friend of mine who was recently in a serious car accident. After being airlifted to the Cairns Base Hospital, the doctors wanted to give her pain control meds. She refused them saying that they didn't work for her & did nothing but make her feel nauseous. At some point after this she was approached by somebody on behalf of James Cook Uni. asking her if she wanted to participate in a study for the use of medical cannabis for pain relief. She tells me that they took her details & told her that they would be in contact in the near future.

Very, very, interesting.

Now I know stoners are good @ telling wild ones sometimes, but she seemed quite adamant about the whole thing.

So just maybe this is the start. :yahoo:

Anyone else heard anything?

:peace: "space duck"

Well, I'm pretty sure that this isn't the start of anything new. The "start" has been bubbling away for a very looooooong time :)

I personally hope that your story suggests that academic attention is gathering more momentum towards the study of medical cannabis as a valid and effective option to pharmaceuticals.

I guess most paradigm shifts have to start underground, so if I was your friend, I would offer up my lungs & bloodstream for the cause as long as it wasn't just some 3rd-year med student (or engineeer posing as a med student as they are want to do) just trying to get into your friends undies.

Actually the more I think about it it might just be an engineering student trying to shag your chumette.

But if this is genuine, then these people need to arm themselves with the ammunition of evidence and data to ward off the overwhelming momentum that mistaken beliefs and sheer ignorance has built up over the years.

We should try to help them as far as legally possible given the opportunity.

If I am ever in any pain, I choose to inhale cannabis vapour - not digest a Zoltaren and engage my liver just before bedtime.

I need my liver for the following evening's festivities of red wine, Twister and peach schnapps!

Rock on with the research!!

• Upvote 1

She is my friend...

Apart from the fact she is married with 3 kids...looks are not her strong point.

The truth is the truth...I have to accept the fact that this avatar pic. makes me like quite stunning compared to a real photo of myself.

Anyway, If it was a student, he would have had to navigate past her husband.

Don't get me wrong, she is a lovely person & long after our looks have left us & we're ready to be put out to pasture at the "wrinkle farm" it will only be our inner beauty that will get us by.

:peace: "space duck"

Quite a lot of activity at JCU in relation to Cannabis, seems most of it is in the field of addiction, etc...

Not hard to find links between JCU, UNSW and.....the NCPIC. A quick glance ties findings, funding and even the same academics/researchers in some cases.

Hope your mate comes out fitter and better than she went in though, being banged up in a car accident isnt fun. Best of luck in future to her.

JAIKAI